cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the country for more than 90 days...

Laura_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have a question. Say I leave the country for more than 90 days but I still want to have my number when I come back. Below is my understanding of how I could do that; correct me if I'm wrong.

My last month in Canada, I pay for my 30-day plan. After these 30 days pass, I have 90 days before my account gets deactivated. On day 89, I pay 5$ for a 10 day plan (which has no talk, text, nor data). Then, after these 10 days, I get another 90 days before my account gets deactived. Right?

1.Is it even possible to get a 10 day plan with no talk, text nor data?

2.If so, from the date of my last payment before leaving Canada, I would have 30+90+10+90 days before my account gets deactivated?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can buy a voucher online at recharge.com. And use that as a payment method. 

Don't forget you have 90 days from when your service expired to renew without losing your number. 

amanickboothe-1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My name is Richard and I need to top up my account, however I am in Jamaica. I called customer service for assistance however I was redirected to you because they said dont have access to the account.

Your assistance with this would be greatly appreciated because I worry about the possibility of loosing my present plan and number.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds about right. But it is not possible to have a SIM card without a service. You have to choose a minimal service for the account to stay active and get another 90 days after expiry of that service. In your case it would be a 10-day-plan for $11 for no talk, global text, no data.

Need Help? Let's chat.