Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of service

Liliya58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I don't have the internet again.
The phone  settings shows provider Telus with plan 5 GB from May 26 to June 26. In fact, my provider is Public mobile # 1************ with plan 8.7 GB. from June 8 to July 8.
I am  complaining the second time for same problem , it looks like I have double providers and again after I used 5 GB data between May 26 to June 26 internet stop working. 

Please help me. 

If it happened third time i will switch provider.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@gpixel 

Ok figured it out....the voLTE setting automatically toggles off when a call comes in and toggles back on when the call finishes.

@darlicious @gpixel yes that's just a toggle for your phone to use VoLTE if it's available in the back end.  Which, with PM, it isn't.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Yes, that's one presumption of what's going on, so it could be a local phone issue as opposed to service.  It's still a bit confusing though and didn't want to get too far deeper into assumptions.  🙂

As for the other stuff like VoLTE... maybe you're just special with all the bonus work you put in here!  (I know, it auto-switches off, but hey... was fun while it lasted, right?)  🙂

@gpixel 

Ok figured it out....the voLTE setting automatically toggles off when a call comes in and toggles back on when the call finishes.

I'm pretty sure you have it

@gpixel 

Not that I can see....and I can't take a screenshot while calling?!! The symbols/icons are not very obvious on the moto g7+.

@darliciouswhen making calls do you see H+?

@gpixel 

Lol....that is just the way the moto phone set itself up. It ain't broke so I didn't fix it.

what! @darlicious how do you have the volte'

@BlueB 

That's part of the deciphering because they could just be seeing what is listed under mobile networks in their phone and a data tracker and warning/limiter that has not been updated and and as such has stopped the data from working at the phone level. Which would explain why it looks like two plans and two providers....

Screenshot_20210614-184001.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Liliya58 wrote:

Hi

The phone  settings shows provider Telus with plan 5 GB from May 26 to June 26. In fact, my provider is Public mobile ------ with plan 8.7 GB. from June 8 to July 8.
I am  complaining the second time for same problem , it looks like I have double providers and again after I used 5 GB data between May 26 to June 26 internet stop working. 

Please help me. 

Thanks               

----------

@Liliya58 

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

Are oracle in for business? @computergeek541 @Dunkman @srlawren 

At first read, it sounds like you have two accounts you are paying for. Did you port a Telus number into Public Mobile?

If you are getting charged for two accounts (Public Mobile and Telus...fyi both under the same parent company of Telus), then check with the Public Mobile Moderators about what may be happening.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Liliya58 

Your problem is a little confusing here because you mentioned TELUS when you're here with Public Mobile.  Although they're related, the services are different.  You should only see PUBLIC MOBILE for everything, and if you see TELUS, you may have 2 providers, where you're getting mixed up between the two (possibly being the cause of your problem).

What plan are you paying for with Public Mobile?  Where does TELUS come into the picture?  (Do you have 2 phones with 2 SIM cards?)   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Liliya58 

Did you activate and port in your phone number from telus a month or so ago? Did you reply YES to the porting authorization text from telus? They would have sent you more than one and up to five of these texts in a 24 hour period if you didn't reply within 90 minutes.

Where is your public mobile sim card? Where is your telus sim card if you had one? Can you log into either your pm self serve account? Or your telus account if you had one?

Did you perform a plan change last month like you had asked about in your past post? Did you schedule it to occur on your next renewal? Or did you "choose change plan now?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liliya58 : What is telling you you're with Telus with 5gb and those dates? Are you paying Telus any money? Are you able to login to your self-serve account here? Who answers when you dial 611?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Liliya58 

Can you please edit out your account # by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post. thx!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Make sure your SIM card is a Public Mobile SIM. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure that you have the correct APN settings.  Try rebooting your phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Liliya58 wrote:

Hi

The phone  settings shows provider Telus with plan 5 GB from May 26 to June 26. In fact, my provider is Public mobile # xxxxxxxxx with plan 8.7 GB. from June 8 to July 8.

Please help me. 

Thanks               

Try this...toggle airplane mode on...then off.

Does that help ?

Edit...when you log into your account / My Data & Add-ons...you should see how much data you have left until next renewal date. If you see no mention of any data...that means you've used it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.