cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of minutes on unlimited plan

vandanakumar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have $35 plan which should give me unlimited Canada minutes and 2 Gb + 500 Mbps data. I love in Ontario, but this week came to visit Montreal. Unfortunately, in Montreal the phone is not allowing me to make or receive any calls and giving error that my minutes have got over. How can my minutes get over if I have unlimited plan?

6 REPLIES 6

@vandanakumar 

FYI:

It looks like that you are on the old $35 plan for total of 2.5 GB data.

The "new" $35 plans has total of 3 GB data.

You can change plans at your next renewal to get the "new" plan.  extra 0.5 GB data.  Don't change plans immediately since PM does not prorate plans.  

@vandanakumar wrote:

I think it is working now. Perhaps, the number I was calling that time was a US number. 

You can by a USA calling add-on. It rolls over every month until all used up. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vandanakumar wrote:

I have $35 plan which should give me unlimited Canada minutes and 2 Gb + 500 Mbps data. I love in Ontario, but this week came to visit Montreal. Unfortunately, in Montreal the phone is not allowing me to make or receive any calls and giving error that my minutes have got over. How can my minutes get over if I have unlimited plan?

@vandanakumar 

If you 'typoed' the number and were calling USA, that was likely it.

Sometimes, though, there are messages that may happen when calling out.

Added a '1' as @computergeek541 may prevent the message, or sometimes a weird glitch that my be fixed by a:

• reboot of your phone (which is good to do regularly), or
  • a network settings reset.
  • in rarer instances Moderators may need to reset things on the account

Also, noticed your plan could be upgraded...!

If you did not activate with a promo linked to your plan, than you could obtain 2.5GB + 500MB = 3GB total:

esjliv_0-1627907025046.png

Simply Schedule a Plan Change on Next Renewal and Voila instant upgraded plan at no extra charge. 🙂

vandanakumar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it is working now. Perhaps, the number I was calling that time was a US number. 

@vandanakumar wrote:

You wouldn't hear a message about being out of minutes when someone tries to call you. What happens when someone tries to call/? As for outgoing callis, you can't be out of minutes and being in Montreal would make no difference. When it comes to making outgoing calls, try adding a 1 before the area code of the number that you're dialing (if you aren't already). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vandanakumar : It certainly should be no problem. Maybe restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.