cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of city - long distance message?

lanc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm travelling out of my home city (within province) and testing out my service coverage. I am getting a message for outgoing calls (to another Canadian number) that says "please stay on the line until your call is completed - long distance charges may apply". This hasn't happened with my previous carrier before and my plan is unlimited Canada wide... Any insight? 

5 REPLIES 5

There are still plans out there (including Telus, Koodo & PM plans) that may include local area calling or provincial or Canada wide calling. Thus the Network message is generic to cover all possibilities. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lanc 

And in response to your tags, there's no roaming in Canada. This is a nation-wide service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lanc wrote:

I'm travelling out of my home city (within province) and testing out my service coverage. I am getting a message for outgoing calls (to another Canadian number) that says "please stay on the line until your call is completed - long distance charges may apply". This hasn't happened with my previous carrier before and my plan is unlimited Canada wide... Any insight? 

Ignore that old message. Dial 1 before area code and you're good to go.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@lanc no worrys you will not be charged anything extra dial a 1 in front of your number have a great day!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

It's a generic message, left over from the old local calling restrictions of the landline era.

Put a "1" in front of the number(s) to avoid hearing the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.