cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
FLAMINGOGUY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?

Recently on a trip and while I was outside of cell phone coverage people told me they were not getting through to my voice mail and able to leave me a message? Is this normal on public mobile as this was not the case when I was on Telus. They always got through to my voicemail when I was with Telus.

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?


@FLAMINGOGUY wrote:

Recently on a trip and while I was outside of cell phone coverage people told me they were not getting through to my voice mail and able to leave me a message? Is this normal on public mobile as this was not the case when I was on Telus. They always got through to my voicemail when I was with Telus.


This might not be specific to Public Mobile as they're going to have similar voicemail system (if not identical) to Telus Mobility. Public Mobile is nothing more than a brand owned by Telus.   

 

Sometimes what can happen is a phone having no signal can cause a delay in riinging or getting directed to voicemail, although if the caller waits (sometimes even a couple of minutes), the call might go through.  Essentially, the network doesn't know where your phone is when you just suddenly lose the network connection. This type of issue can be avoided by turning you phone off or going into airplane mode before going to a location where you know that there's no signal.  People who travel in undersground subways/mass transit systems will be familiar with this and how people calling them can sometimes get a lengthly delay before hearing a ringing sound or being directed to voicemail.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?

 @FLAMINGOGUY : Are all the call forwarding options set to a voicemail access number? There's busy, no answer and unreachable. And, of course, all. In your case that should be unreachable if not no answer.

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?


@z10user4 wrote:

 @FLAMINGOGUY : Are all the call forwarding options set to a voicemail access number? There's busy, no answer and unreachable. And, of course, all. In your case that should be unreachable if not no answer.


 

@FLAMINGOGUY 

 

Were callers getting to your voicemail when you were in the service area (either when you didn't answer or when your phone was turned off)?

Meow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?


@computergeek541 wrote:


 Sometimes what can happen is a phone having no signal can cause a delay in


When my phone is off or in airplane mode callers can get to my voicemail and leave a message.

Just tried now with phone off and airplane - call goes directly to vmail.

 

Maybe OP is some 'grey area' when signal sort of reaches phone but not exactly and it confuses PM system.

As suggested, if know you are in such area, just activate airplane or turn phone off.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?

Is/was your voicemail full?

S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Out of cel range and callers not getting through to my voicemail?

@FLAMINGOGUY 

do you Set Up Voicemail visit Here link, 

 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

 

for android visit Here link ,

 

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

 

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

 

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

 

and do again Rebooting your phone,

Need Help? Let's chat.