cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ottawa Data Configuration

Kayed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased 2 PM sim cards, the two lines have the same issues:

1- When connecting to 4g/LTE network, the signal is very bad and the calls are always disconnecting ( 1 bar or nothing).

2- When changing the network to 3g/2g, the signal changes to full and the calls quality is very good, but the data doesnt work on this network. When i want to use the data, i have to change the network back to 4g/LTE that has very low signal.

Is there any way to configure the data on the 3g/2g network, knowing that the problem is 2 different lines and mobiles.

5 REPLIES 5

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Agree with @ChuckYeah and @cavemantoronto.

Calls are always on 3G, so it shouldn't make any difference if you force your phone to 3G before a call starts, vs staying on LTE.

As for data, LTE is generally a better experience, even after throttling is taken into account. Data is supported on 3G as well, no special configuration is needed.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Kayed there'a no difference in data configuration for any city.  The settings are the same anywhere.  In some cities, different frequencies might be used, but if you have both LTE and 3G networks enabled, the phone takes care of rest once APN is set.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

All calls are made on 3g so that shouldn't change with the 3g LTE change.

As for data, I THINK 3g offers better speed in some areas. If you have some data to spare, run a speedtest on each setting and see which one is providing your best speeds. If it's 3g, I'd go with that!

Stay safe

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Calling all techs....

How is Ottawa nowadays? Haven't been there since just after high school.....

Need Help? Let's chat.