cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Multiple SIM Cards

anardelli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All,

I'm 'new in town' and apologize if this question has been posed before. I'm looking to order additional SIM cards for my wife and kids. Is this possible under a use single account? Does each individual have to create their own account to receive a SIM card? Is it possible to consolidate accounts at a future point?

Thank you all in advance for your responses. Have a great week!

Anthony

13 REPLIES 13

@jukos Things must have changed recently. I have never been able to successfully place an order for more than 1 SIM at the same time.

Yes, I would advise you to simply place multiple orders whenever you like. But please be mindful of the environment (if not the resources it takes for PM to ship these), if there's any chance that some of these SIM cards that you order may go unused for a long time.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

for some reason I have entered 5 cards when ordering and on two separate occasions I have only recieved one. The confirmation email i received indicated all 5 cards would ship.  I guess I need to order 5 cards separately?

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anardelli, You can order has many card as you whish, but to manage everything in the same account, currently the answer is no, but you can upvote this threat in the public lab :

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Be-able-to-manage-multiple-phone-in-one-acc...

Kattz

I can confirm that they will ship out multiple SIM cards.  I ordered two more last night and I just received a confirmation that both were shipped out.  At some point in your order you will be able to change the quantity.  I'm so looking forward to moving everything over.  Just another month to go...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Anardelli that's great news, welcome to the clip, I'm sure you'll be very happy. Did you use a credit card or a public mobile voucher to set up the account, if you don't mind me asking.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @anardelli, thank you for sharing your positive experience with activating a new line, good for a change.  Welcome to Public Mobile.  🙂

@anardelli Thanks for updating the Community.

Glad to hear activation went smoothly. It has been a struggle for quite a few people lately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anardelli

Thank you all for your responses. So far, so good with Public Mobile. My activation took less than two hours and my reception is excellent. I hope to get my entire family on their own plans.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@Bigmac If multiple numbers under 1 account negate the referral Reward, I'm willing to open individual accounts! Smiley Wink

That's ture. Me too. Smiley Tongue

PM should thinking multiple numbers under 1 account can be given 10% off credit, which makes more sense.  At least Fido did. 

@Bigmac If multiple numbers under 1 account negate the referral Reward, I'm willing to open individual accounts! Smiley Wink

@anardelli While the same email address can be used repeatedly to order SIM cards, every PM phone number must have a unique email address as the user name. So every person will need their own email address even if you use only 1 credit card to pay for them all.

Don't forget to give someone in your family as the referral number to collect the $1/month reward.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @anardelli

I just checked my account and I don't think you can manage multiple numbers under a single account right now. Yes, each individual has to create their own account. 

I think your idea is very good and hopefully PM will improve at this function in future that I also really need. 

Thanks, 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Perhaps my experience will be instructive. Using just one MyShopify account, I have ordered multiple cards, but only 1 card per order as the instructions dictate. I used my name and the same address. Each card was delivered on the 3rd business day.

Regarding the future consolidation of accounts, only PM knows that.

Welcome to Public Mobile!
Need Help? Let's chat.