cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for 120 Plus Day Plans.

talkalot
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I think in order for Public Mobile to be more competitive with what is on the market. Clients that are will to pay for 120 Days. 180 Days or even 365 Days plans should be reward with more data. I think customer retention is important for any kind of service provider. Clients that are willing to pay for say 6months or 12minths in advanced should be rewarded with more Data. Why because you as a consumer or committed to staying with a provider that has no contract and they meaning PM should reward clients that are willing to place money into their Corporate accounts. It should be thought of the same way as a mutal fund. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion.
8 REPLIES 8

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@talkalot I wish there were longer term options too. I'd certainly go for up to 180 days if it saved me some $$$, I'm always on the lookout for a better deal on everything and anything.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This topic pops up every month or so. I'm not against it if implemented correctly.

I also posted to the other thread... see srlawren's message above.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Why did you post this twice, @talkalot?  I already posted a number of detailed thoughs on your other thread http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Options-for-120-Plus-Day-Plans/td-p/76902 and then notice this one with a bunch of replies already in place.  Anyway, please see the above link. Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm. Already saving $20 minimum compared to my last provider, and I'm getting more in a 30 day period.  If I was still with my provider before that one, I'm saving $40+ per month.  I don't see how PM could make the plans better.

Saying this, I'm single, use WiFi at home, and I limit my mobile data, simply because it drains battery power.  I don't want to be tethered to a power source.

if I was in a relationship with someone, maybe we'd need more data, who knows.  But even then, that's only $22 per 30 days, still saving big with PM on 90 day plans.

i could go for a 120 day plan.  I think 150 or more would be pushing it.

Hi. This should be in Public Lab

Also, I have also brought it up as well

120 or 150 Days

Korth
Mayor / Maire

A good idea.

I'm not sure how well it would fit within PM's prepaid billing model.  I think there's always some customers who will be billed for overrages on things like roaming, long-distance, and data.  While typical accounting practices allow for 30-, 60-, 90-, and even 180-day "reminders" to pay up all amounts owing before delinquent customers get rudely cut off (and possibly referred to debt collections).  PM's current model completely avoids all these details (along with collection/payment of interest, etc), which I suspect translates into less accounting overhead (thus more profit for PM and/or less cost for PM customers).

Six months or one year prepaid upfront?  These sorts of timeframes are already occupied by contract-based subscriptions (which could technically be fully paid in advance, though they rarely are).  These contracts usually provide the incentive of a shiny new device, which is something PM just does not do.

PM already offers loyalty rewards for long-term subscribers.  Autopay rewards.  Referral rewards.  Community rewards.  All applied directly to $ account balance.  I already plan to stay with PM for a long, long time - I'd buy 180-day or 365-day plans to save a few more dollars in the long run - but I really don't think it's a viable notion for PM's prepaid MVNO business model.

talkalot
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I think in order for Public Mobile to be more competitive with what is on the market. Clients that are will to pay for 120 Days. 180 Days or even 365 Days plans should be reward with more data. I think customer retention is important for any kind of service provider. Clients that are willing to pay for say 6months or 12months in advanced should be rewarded with more Data. Why because you as a consumer are committed to staying with a provider that does not have their clients locked into a contract and they meaning PM should reward clients that are willing to place money into their Corporate accounts. It should be thought of the same way as a mutal fund. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion.
Need Help? Let's chat.