cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello Public Mobile, and by extension Telus, the owner of Public Mobile.

I am a subscriber of your prepaid service since July of 2016.  I have been a very happy customer, and I’ve enjoyed the service provided to me via your plans, the Community, and the Moderators and other staff who interact with the subscribers of this service.

I write you today, as it has once again become rediculous the way new subscribers are having problems activating new services, existing subscribers are having failed AutoPay renewals, failed plan changes, and everyone is having difficulty figuring out how long they will need to wait for their issues to be dealt with successfully.

It is beyond belief that there is no communication on a daily basis at this point, about what is going on.  There are problems with the website interface in the Selfserve portal, the forgotten password process has been ineffective for the better part of my time with your service, and the current delays are creeping up daily.  I would not be surprised if folks are now waiting in excess of 96 hours for initial response to support requests to the Moderator_Team.

You really need to stop offering these fantastic promotions until you get your technology fixed.  This is insane.  I’m happy I’m here, but I can’t recommend my friends to come here until you get your ducks in a row.

99 REPLIES 99

These kind of bugs are here for long time, which supposed to be fixed long time ago as well.  They well aware of their existings.  They probably dont put them into first piority.  

Things as important as reset password is there is way over due.

Perhaps they dont mind losing a portion of customers and referral due to these bugs.  Smiley Happy

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's true. I talk to my girlfriend about how great it is at PM and how she could be saving lots of money, finally convince her to switch and we got stuck activating her SIM because of a "Back" button that should not have been pressed. Luckily, I have been involved with these forums for the past 1.5 years so I was able to reassure her of what the next steps were to remediate the issue, but I can imagine for those who don't have this wealth of knowledge, it would definitely be a negative first impression right off the bat from bugs that should have been ironed out long ago on this primitive system.

Especially for a company that relies so heavily on self account management, these bugs really kill the experience.

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

Hello Public Mobile, and by extension Telus, the owner of Public Mobile.

I am a subscriber of your prepaid service since July of 2016.  I have been a very happy customer, and I’ve enjoyed the service provided to me via your plans, the Community, and the Moderators and other staff who interact with the subscribers of this service.

I write you today, as it has once again become rediculous the way new subscribers are having problems activating new services, existing subscribers are having failed AutoPay renewals, failed plan changes, and everyone is having difficulty figuring out how long they will need to wait for their issues to be dealt with successfully.

It is beyond belief that there is no communication on a daily basis at this point, about what is going on.  There are problems with the website interface in the Selfserve portal, the forgotten password process has been ineffective for the better part of my time with your service, and the current delays are creeping up daily.  I would not be surprised if folks are now waiting in excess of 96 hours for initial response to support requests to the Moderator_Team.

You really need to stop offering these fantastic promotions until you get your technology fixed.  This is insane.  I’m happy I’m here, but I can’t recommend my friends to come here until you get your ducks in a row.

All excellent points - you should send the above in an email to :

Darren Entwistle     Chief Executive Officer of Telus
I am sure there must be an email address on the Telus site somewhere

@esperanto41

You might want to start your new topic.  The self-service website is finicky.  That is the first thing that needs to be fixed.  

Did you leave the apartment section blank?  Some people will try Firefox browser.  Incognito mode sometimes help.  Clearing the cache might be an option also.  If that does not work, you might need to contact moderators, who like you seen in this forum have been too busy and wait times are too long and expect 1-2 day response minimum.  

esperanto41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still another credit card mess-up:

I'm brand new and already disgusted with PM's failure to verify my registered MasterCard — which works everywhere except PM — after more than a dozen tries on 2 browsers (Explorer and Chrome in Windows 7) and *611, and hours of wasted time, I was about to sign up my mother-in-law, but now I'm ready to quit PM, unless this can be resolved immediately.

—Gene Keyes (esperanto41)

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I think there simply needs to be fixes to the issues noted in this letter.  The notion of stopping promotions until the fixes are done does not make sense.  It is the growth of the business that emphasize the importance of this service to Telus and therefore the need to invest in the brand.  The more new activations bring up these problems, the more Public Mobile nees to take them seriously and put resources to resolving them.  Bringing new business and fixing problems should not be viewed as mutually exclusive but rather two pursuits that are well connected.  @Alan_K@Brooke_C, do you guys care to answer to this open letter?

I think they are probably a little tied up at the moment. I would hope it's all hands on deck.

@will13am I'm going to have to disagree with you; I think @stonechucker is right they need to reduce the promos so the system isn't being overloaded. Also, the company will not be growing when new people aren't able to activate or are mad because support is more than 2 days away so they leave. These people are never going to come back. If you have a highly functioning service and website customers would experience these issues and will be happy. A bad company reputation will not be able to be overcome by a 25 dollar credit.

We have been telling PM about these issues for a while. Think of how many private messages would be have been averted if the password reset was working. If this can't be fixed it might be time to face the facts and build a whole new up to date system.

Thanks for the tags you guys... my iPad wouldn’t let me put them in.

Letting @Dave_M know as well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think there simply needs to be fixes to the issues noted in this letter.  The notion of stopping promotions until the fixes are done does not make sense.  It is the growth of the business that emphasize the importance of this service to Telus and therefore the need to invest in the brand.  The more new activations bring up these problems, the more Public Mobile nees to take them seriously and put resources to resolving them.  Bringing new business and fixing problems should not be viewed as mutually exclusive but rather two pursuits that are well connected.  @Alan_K@Brooke_C, do you guys care to answer to this open letter?

Need Help? Let's chat.