cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 2 Not Supporting PM?

ipipapap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear PM Community,

I have a OnePlus Two configured to the correct APN settings as verified across the One Plus website, PM forum, as well as good old Google. In settings, it recognizes the phone number attached to my sim, but nothing else registers: no calls, no texts and no data. I've inserted my sim into a Samsung phone and everything worked fine. Popped it back into my OnePlus, and everything failed as before. I've tried both sim card trays, rebooting, disabling wifi, preferred/automatically or manually selecting network... nothing works Smiley Sad

I've already exhausted all my troubleshooting abilities.

Please help!!

13 REPLIES 13

@ipipapap wrote:
It doesn't make much sense to me, but this is what happened: Instead of leaving both active sims in, I took out my Rogers sim, isolating only my PM sim inside, and then it worked. I put my Rogers sim back in after (just to try), and now both sims work side by side. Perhaps there was network interference in the beginning? I don't know. Now, I put my PM sim in slot #1, and Rogers sim in slot #2, and they both work fine together.
Most phones witih dual sim card slots will only work on 3g with one with sim card at a time, usually in the first sim card slot.  Some will work in the 2nd sim card slot on 3g but only if the 1st slot is empty.  If you had your Rogers sim card in slot 1 and Public in sim card slot 2, you would have been forcing your Public sim to 2g.  Public Mobile doesn't have access to any 2g network.

mohamed_mohamed
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My oneplus One is compatible with PM

ipipapap

@jheili99 @nishufan @hummuschips @NewMember @computergeek541 @gene @IbbyK 

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and advice.

THE PROBLEM HAS SINCE BEEN SOLVED, by fluke.

I was previously with Rogers using a (dual-sim) OnePlus 2. I got a new number with my PM sim card, and was planning to port my original number over only after my billing cycle ends. I had tried all kinds of troubleshooting as mentioned before with both my sim cards in at the same time. (At the time, I still needed to communicate on my original number via Rogers as I haven't ported yet.)

It doesn't make much sense to me, but this is what happened: Instead of leaving both active sims in, I took out my Rogers sim, isolating only my PM sim inside, and then it worked. I put my Rogers sim back in after (just to try), and now both sims work side by side. Perhaps there was network interference in the beginning? I don't know. Now, I put my PM sim in slot #1, and Rogers sim in slot #2, and they both work fine together.

Technology... smh.

IbbyK
OnePlus One here. It works just fine. Why don't you go to the APN settings with your PM SIM inserted, and click on reset to default. Have you tried the default settings?

gene

I'm using an OP2 and it worked like a charm. Do you see signal at all in the network indicators?

@jheili99 wrote:

but since you already confirmed the sim card to be ok, most likely your phone does not support PM....PM uses LTE Band 4 netework frequency 1700/2100 mhz

Not having LTE Band 4 would not prevent a phone from connecting to the Public Mobile network.  The LTE is only used for internet, and it's actually one of UMTS Band 2 or 5 (preferably both) that are required, because without at least one of those, voice calls and text messaging won't work.

NewMember

I'm using a OnePlus 2 and it's been working for me no problem for two weeks now. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

ipipapap

My OnePlus 2 is the 64gb North American (A2005) version. Frequency Check provides very specific parameters on how to determine the frequencies that a phone supports.

This is my result, specifying for my exact model A2005, Canada and Public Mobile:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/d0T3Y/oneplus-2-north-america/public-mobile-can...

It's 100% verified that it works Smiley Sad Am I alone in this world? *tear*

*#*#4636#*#* toggles a "Testing" menu that shows detailed information about my phone, but I'm not sure how to derive anything more from this.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Do you own the North American version or a different version?

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you factory reset the phone? Try to update the system.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

well....then i would suggest maybe try a factory reset as last resort assuming, that it is unlocked......... it obviusly has problems registering on the PM network...i have a Huawei Y625 with  the same... and although imei checker said, that it should work, it doesn't because this huawei does not support band 4 ....mosty phones made for european markets or asian markets do have these problems..

cheers

ipipapap

Yes Smiley Sad I checked the IMEI before I joined PM

And I even researched to verify that people have been successful using PM on the OnePlus 2, sigh

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

have you checked your phones IMEI?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started 

but since you already confirmed the sim card to be ok, most likely your phone does not support PM....PM uses LTE Band 4 netework frequency 1700/2100 mhz

Need Help? Let's chat.