cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One week no service yet. (Port) *Solved, phone active*

AlexCarrier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to have my old number ported from NorthernTel to PM.
It has been roughly a week but I cannot text or call.

Data, however, does work.

What's going on?
Can I have my start/renewal date pushed to the day the port actually starts working?

Any help would be greatly appeciated, I  use this number to run a small business and missing calls = losing money.

EDIT: SOLVED. Major issues with the company I was porting from.

... basically the company I was porting from didn't get my name right when I signed up with them and then denied the port because the name I gave PM didn't match. BUT, also ports from landlines take longer, so keep that in mind.

38 REPLIES 38

AlexCarrier

Ok, phone was dead but everything seems to be up and running.

So my advice to people porting from anyone to anyone would be that landlines take longer and to make sure the company you're porting from hasn't made a mistake with you name. 😕

Anyways, thanks very much all.

Happy new year. 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@AlexCarrier

Don't worry things happens! I will re-submit with that info, let us know when you receive the next text, since it's the holidays could be longer, max 28th of December 😞 

Thanks,

Shazi

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

AlexCarrier

I think I understand what my previous company did now.
If I'm right it would've been impossible for PM to port all this time.
Worth noting, since this thread would've put PM in a bad light.
We'll see, anyways.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@AlexCarrier

I am looking into this right now, please keep an eye out to your PMs. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

AlexCarrier

Still nothing. I believe it's two week now.

AlexCarrier
@Shazia_K Nothing yet. Will post when I do.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Perfect, thanks guys.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @AlexCarrier

Yes, we need to wait 48 hours,

let me know when you receive a confirmation text either saying port failed or completed 😉 

AlexCarrier

Yes Shazia's already gotten back to me and taken down my info. 

I think it's probably because it's a landline and it's taking some time.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you could help our friend get his port done that'd be great.

Did you provide her with the info she requested?

AlexCarrier
@Rockdaddy22 darn. 😕

Luckily it's the holidays and my business is closed. So I'm not exactly crying over missed calls.
I've been testing the data and I can actually stream music! With other service providers it seemed like they gauged data differently. 1 YouTube video was a full GB. PM seems much better on the data front.

So at least there's that.

Rockdaddy22
So I guess your port still isn't done

AlexCarrier

So, got the new SIM, put it in the phone. gave the necessary info to a mod and the mod passed it off to PM, I think...

PM texted me this this morning:

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

I feel as though I've already done this/been through this.

Hmmm...

EDIT: So I went through the SIM & Activation online form, just in case and I'm still getting the invalid SIM message.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

hello @AlexCarrier

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

Please provide me with the following via PM: 

PM Sim card #: 

Number to port: 

Account number with the previous provider: 

Thanks,

Shazia

AlexCarrier

So I got my new sim card. What now?

EDIT: I went to "change my sim card" in my account options. So that's done.
Is there anything else I can do on my end?

I hope your service soon approaching.  Good luck!

AlexCarrier

@stonechucker

Ah, darn. Had I paid more attention that would've help me quite a bit.
While I do agree the temp number should be better published, it's only really coming into play for me because of the technical issues. Otherwise, it's really not necessary.

I believe things will be resolved soon. It seems PM isn't really to blame, it might just be a bad sim card.
If this whole thing turns out to be my fault, I'm gonna be just a tad bit embarassed.
But it's brought me to the community section of the PM website, which I'm finding very responsive/active.

So that's good.

I did a test about a year ago on a 10 day plan, and had issues getting that setup.  It did finally get setup, and I was happy with the service - I just wasn't ready to port over.

I had the luxury of being able to do all my research before I setup again this past August.  Reading the community forums, asking question before I jumped, I discovered most of the tricks.  The temp number before porting was the biggest trick I learned, and it's still not well published by PM.  It is setup as the default option, however the port option is right thee waiting too.

I'm sorry for your frustration - I hope it is resolved ASAP for you.

AlexCarrier

Wish I would've known about the temp number beforehand. 😕

NorthernTel, Landline. So, I guess I'm going to be waiting a while.

Techniclly, you already do, as a device can not beactivated without a phone number.  Your port has started, so it's not really available, unless you activated a new number without porting first.  It is recommended to activate a temp number before porting, but the activation process allows for a direct port on line.

This is a hiccup that is being addessed, but hasn't fully been rolled out.

Where is your port coming from?  Land line and VPN services take longer, up to a week in some cases.  

Rockdaddy22
@Mary_M anyway you could look at this.

AlexCarrier

I'm starting to wonder if I could at least get a temporary number, is that something PM does?

AlexCarrier
I'm sure they will prorate me.

Ssikim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am in the same boat in that they cannot seem capable of properly porting in my number for some reason. This issue has been ongoing for about a month. They are still good at charging me for their services though.

AlexCarrier

Checking in.
Still the same as yesterday. (No incoming or text, but data works)

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K looks like we have a failed port here

AlexCarrier

Just checking in.

I can now make calls but not receive them?

Text also doesn't seem to work yet.

EDIT: Incoming calls get a "UM3" message.

AlexCarrier

@Luddite

Although this didn't solve my problem yet, thank you.
My profile has already been created, I wasn't able to go to step 5.

@AlexCarrier Yes, you are already in the queue if you followed this procedure: Contact moderators. The backlog is such that it may be several more days before you have a response. Suggest you create a way to cope with that delay. Robot Frustrated

While you are waiting some people have found this procedure helpful:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p....

Meanwhile, while your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

AlexCarrier
All these responses for Koodo, should I still be waiting to hear from a moderator or am I stuck in queue as well?
Need Help? Let's chat.