cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“One or more media attachments were removed“

SusanMarie
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get this message 'One or more media attachments were removed' after trying to download a picture in Messaging. Anyone know why?

5 REPLIES 5

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I read that it is 1MB limit in Public Mobile.

@CannonFodder wrote:

Yeah, although I don't receive a lot of this sort of thing, I have received some fairly large pics before, and didn't have an issue, so I would think the file must be QUITE sizeable(anybody know what the MMS limit is?), OR, could it possibly be that the OP has run out of data?

@will13am wrote:

This sounds like a max file size limitation with the MMS standard.  It has nothing to do with the phone or service provider. 

Yeah, although I don't receive a lot of this sort of thing, I have received some fairly large pics before, and didn't have an issue, so I would think the file must be QUITE sizeable(anybody know what the MMS limit is?), OR, could it possibly be that the OP has run out of data?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a max file size limitation with the MMS standard.  It has nothing to do with the phone or service provider. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SusanMarie wrote:

I get this message 'One or more media attachments were removed' after trying to download a picture in Messaging. Anyone know why?

@SusanMarie  If you have an iPhone and the person sending you the MMS is an Android user then this happens sometimes due to cross platform issues with IPhones. Other times it could be the file is too large.

You might want to try resetting your network settings to fix network related issues. This can be done by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Your device will automatically restart once it is finished; you will also need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password to reconnect to your wireless networks.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SusanMarie is mobile data enabled on your phone?  Do you get that message for all picture messages? Can you send/receive mms messages? It sounds like some of the pictures are too large for text messaging. Do you have whatsapp on your phone? You can ask your contact to resend the large pictures over that instead. On The other hand, could you post a screenshot  of your apn settings? Thanks.

@SusanMarie wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.