cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Account with Three Phones?

abaqua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I'm wondering if this is possible w PM Accounts. I found a similar thread attached here, but it gives two conflicting answers. Could anyone clarify?

Many Thanx

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Multiple-phones-on-one-account/m-p...

14 REPLIES 14

@abaqua you don't necessarily need 3 different emails, but more so, you need 3 different accounts. you can actually use alias for your email

ie.

• account 1 abaqua@gmail.com
  • account 2 abaqua+2@gmail.com
  • account 3 abaqua+3 @gmail.com

and all three accounts will basically be managed through 1 email account

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abaqua wrote:

Hmmmm. That seems kinda convoluted. Three family members with three different accounts all controlled by me means logging into 3 different accounts to check on things. This could be made much simpler me thinks, and I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks this? 

But I guess it is what it is.

How do I get moderator assistance? And is there a charge for assistance?

Cheers

PM is prepaid service.  I have not found ant prepaid provider in Canada which allows more than 1 phone number in one account.  Postpaid account is different which allows more than one phone number in one account.

I manage 8 PM accounts for my family members.  It is not that bad after I got into a routine with the renewal date saved on a spreadsheet to cut down the number of login until closer to the renewal date.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

abaqua

Gracias

✌️

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@abaqua wrote:

There's no fee. Click on the quetsion mark in the lower right of the screen to open a ticket and ask a moderator.

abaqua

Hmmmm. That seems kinda convoluted. Three family members with three different accounts all controlled by me means logging into 3 different accounts to check on things. This could be made much simpler me thinks, and I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks this? 

But I guess it is what it is.

Cheers

mm80

@Anonymous wrote:

@mm80 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@abaqua that link has been resolved.  Click the Solved! Go to Solution.  It was the chosen solution.  Ignore the others.  Welcome!

It's not clear if @abaqua wants mutiple phones numbers in one Public Mobile account or wants to transfer multiple numbers from an account somewhere else.

The subject line makes it pretty clear.

One account, one unique email address, one SIM, one phone number.

The other thread is about something else. The other thread linked by @abaqua  is about an account at a different carrier having more than one phone numbers and how to port some of them to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mm80 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@abaqua that link has been resolved.  Click the Solved! Go to Solution.  It was the chosen solution.  Ignore the others.  Welcome!

It's not clear if @abaqua wants mutiple phones numbers in one Public Mobile account or wants to transfer multiple numbers from an account somewhere else.

The subject line makes it pretty clear.

One account, one unique email address, one SIM, one phone number.

@abaqua wrote:

Thanx. So what your saying is no. I can't have my wife, myself, and my son on one account. They have to be 3 different accounts. Can I use the same CC for autopay over these three accounts?

Can I change an email address associated with a current account?

Or can I use the same email over three accounts? (cuz each would have a different number associated with it).

I set up my son on PM and used my email and would like to port over two more phones from another provider. 

@abaqua 

Correct, one email address for each account/phone number.  You can use the same credit card for each account. 

You could change the email address for the account, but you will need moderator assistance to do so. 

No, you can't have the same email address for each account.  Needs to be different email address for each account.

mm80

@abaqua wrote:

Thanx. So what your saying is no. I can't have my wife, myself, and my son on one account. They have to be 3 different accounts. Can I use the same CC for autopay over these three accounts?

Or can I use the same email over three accounts? (cuz each would have a different number associated with it).

I set up my son on PM and used my email and would like to port over two more phones from another provider. 

They have to be seperate accounts and different e-mail addresses. The same credit card can be used. Attempting to swap around e-mail addresses is asking for trouble.

abaqua

mm80

@RosieR wrote:

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@abaqua wrote:

Hi

I'm wondering if this is possible w PM Accounts. I found a similar thread attached here, but it gives two conflicting answers. Could anyone clarify?

Many Thanx

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Multiple-phones-on-one-account/m-p...

One separate account (email address) for each phone number.

mm80

@abaqua wrote:

Hi

Many Thanx

You can use as many different phones as you want, but one phone number per account, and one sim card per phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.