cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once number is ported

TK2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I port my Bell landline to a cell phone. It's active as of today. Does that mean my account with bell is automatically canceled? Do I need to do anything with bell still? I know they'll be some charges based on when the bill date is and how many days before or after that. I just want to be rid of Bell! Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Stellaaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once your number has been ported to Public your previous service provider's plan will automatically be canceled, as it is not possible to have 2 different plans with 1 number.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Porting Numbers from one Mobile Provider to another should be a very simple process.As long as you are in a good standing with your old Provider and your phone is still active with them you don't even have to tell them that you are switching.But  sometimes  unfortunately something can go wrong so if you want your old number it has to be always active before switching otherwise you may lose it forever.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have mentioned, your account does get cancelled automatically.  If you have an online account, you can try to sign in and see what happens.  When I try this, it says my account is not registered and to register the account.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@TK2 wrote:

Hi. I port my Bell landline to a cell phone. It's active as of today. Does that mean my account with bell is automatically canceled? Do I need to do anything with bell still? I know they'll be some charges based on when the bill date is and how many days before or after that. I just want to be rid of Bell! Thanks

Yes nothing to do more than that..Welcome to public mobile!! Your account with Bell is canceled when your port is completed.Smiley Happy

@TK2 wrote:

The Bell Canada account will automatically close once porting is complete.  However, Bell sometimes holds up number ports until giving the customer a sales pitch.  So, if someone from Bell calls, it would be wise to answer.  An invoice from Bell will be issued indicating any amounts owing to either you or Bell.

Need Help? Let's chat.