cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Number Question

alexadiiii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed my number through the public mobile website to a 437 number, and I was wondering if it was at all possible to some how get my old number back.

I read through the forums and know that if I want a new 416 or 647 number I could get a cheap sim card and port it here, but I didn't read anything about the possibility of getting my old number back somehow. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

PLAN A: If you ported your number from Fido to Public Mobile, then changed your number. It may be possible for the moderators to retrieve it. Costs nothing to ask.

PLAN B: If you cancelled your Fido plan manually then it's gone. You will need to look around for the best deal from another Tier 1 or 2 carrier to get your desired area code. Once you've activated port-in the new number to your PM account. Lst year Virgin mobile data only plan, and Zoomer were reasonable - around $20 to activate an account. Don't forget some carriers now insist on activation fees.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

alexadiiii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine was from Fido, so I was thinking if it would be possible to contact them.

If not, is my only other option just to purchase a prepaid sim from any other carrier?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The chances of recovery are slim or none. None if it's an old area code, like 416/905/647 (seems PM does not have access to these), or if it is in use.

Slim if the moderators can find it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cltrecartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is possible, but I will be honest, not terribly likely. Depending on how long it's been since you've had it, another person may have taken ownership of the number. Retrieving a number is challenging, and is usually only done by a service provider if there is some extenuating circumstance, ie. if someone lost their number due to an agent error at a contact center.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello you have to try it to send a private message to Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It depends on where your number came from bell Telus Rogers etc all had various numbers allocated to them. So if your number was originally from Rogers for example the number would go back to Rogers.

If it was a this family number you might have more success.

Need Help? Let's chat.