cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observe and Report

BestFriend
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anything we can do in these situations other than just report the person? (I reported them)

Message.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@buiya wrote:

Image result for see something say something

Indoctrination?

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You did the right thing by reporting them. I also had this issue.

BestFriend

@Jb456 wrote:

Found thread 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Spam-Virus/m-p/475330#M103096

Alan K from Public Mobile wrote the below about this.

Hi all,

First, hope you're having a great holiday Smiley Happy

Second, on some not so great matters-  thank you for flagging the recent spam issue with us- we identified two IP addresses who have created numerous accounts (almost in the 1000s) to message Community members, at random, links to inappropriate websites. 

I want to reassure you that no private information has been disclosed, and that the only way these individuals were able to contact customers was via Community private message only. 

We have taken action to ban these accounts and mark their content as spam, however we are still looking into whether we can retract or delete private messages from these accounts. The ask right now would be to manually delete these messages. For now, please let the Community know we are monitoring this and having conversations with our partners at Khoros on how to mitigate this. Please continue using the reporting feature to remove this type of content in the regular boards.

We deeply apologize for letting this slip through the cracks.

Thanks,

Alan

All hail @Jb456 !!!  Thanks for your help 🙂 And for earlier noting that you can click "IGNORE" as well!

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Image result for see something say something

Found thread 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Spam-Virus/m-p/475330#M103096

Alan K from Public Mobile wrote the below about this.

Hi all,

First, hope you're having a great holiday Smiley Happy

Second, on some not so great matters-  thank you for flagging the recent spam issue with us- we identified two IP addresses who have created numerous accounts (almost in the 1000s) to message Community members, at random, links to inappropriate websites. 

I want to reassure you that no private information has been disclosed, and that the only way these individuals were able to contact customers was via Community private message only. 

We have taken action to ban these accounts and mark their content as spam, however we are still looking into whether we can retract or delete private messages from these accounts. The ask right now would be to manually delete these messages. For now, please let the Community know we are monitoring this and having conversations with our partners at Khoros on how to mitigate this. Please continue using the reporting feature to remove this type of content in the regular boards.

We deeply apologize for letting this slip through the cracks.

Thanks,

Alan

Lol. @BestFriend  At this moment you that is all you can do. Send it to the Mods in blue?

@BestFriend wrote:

For any who don't get my post title joke (Observe and Report, 2009, starring Seth Rogen):

Capture d’écran 2020-01-24 à 11.53.52.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

This was an issue recently that Public Mobile responded to notify everyone that someone or many made hundreds of accounts and started spamming everyone...they took measures to correct the situation and blocked all those accounts.. which was around time of your screen shot in December.

You can report the person to moderators and also click IGNORE.

I'll try to find the thread from Public Mobile

BestFriend

For any who don't get my post title joke (Observe and Report, 2009, starring Seth Rogen):

Capture d’écran 2020-01-24 à 11.53.52.png

Need Help? Let's chat.