cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number portability check

xoy74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a place to check if a number is portable to PM ?

I know 99% of Canadian numbers are, but the number in question is a landline in a very small town, and some of the providers I checked are not able to port it.

9 REPLIES 9

@fujiyama  thanks for the link, it's great

@xoy74 wrote:

I know 99% of Canadian numbers are, but the number in question is a landline in a very small town, and some of the providers I checked are not able to port it.

To port a number to Public Mobile, phone numbers need to be offer for that same "rate centre" by Telus Mobility as your old carrier. In short, if Public Mobile doesn't offer phone numbers for that locatiom, can't be portee in for that location. You can check for this at CNAC.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping I know, and I trust the Koodo check to be accurate. But I include that note as a CYA (mine, in this case) statement anyways just in case lol

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xoy74 wrote:

I think that was possible at some point, but I tried today before posting and as soon I select Number Transfer it just says "Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via publicmobile.ca/chatbot and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team."

It won't even let me enter the number. I tried the chatbot and it just goes around in circles, it doesn't understand what I want.

Agree.  To port a number to PM, you need to create a support ticket for help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - use "port request" and SIMon will let you create a support ticket right away.

- Provide your phone number to be ported, the account number with your phone number, the full name on that account with your phone number to be ported.

- Make sure to keep the number active

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fujiyama wrote:

You can use this link for quick check: CLICK HERE

This link is from Koodo though, so it can only serve as an indication, it's not 100% accurate.

To get the official answer from Public Mobile regarding your number, you will have to contact the Moderators.

Koodo check is good enough because Telus, Koodo and PM are serving the same area.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can use this link for quick check: CLICK HERE

This link is from Koodo though, so it can only serve as an indication, it's not 100% accurate.

To get the official answer from Public Mobile regarding your number, you will have to contact the Moderators.

xoy74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that was possible at some point, but I tried today before posting and as soon I select Number Transfer it just says "Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via publicmobile.ca/chatbot and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team."

It won't even let me enter the number. I tried the chatbot and it just goes around in circles, it doesn't understand what I want.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@xoy74 , you can do that in your self serve account.  Select number transfer, enter in the phone number you want to transfer in and the system will confirm whether the number is eligible for transfer.  You don't have to continue with the transfer if you just want to check eligibility.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@xoy74 wrote:

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance. They should be able to confirm whether the number will be portable.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.