Devils1674
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MDN not found/ does not belong to this SP

is the error message the new provider is seeing

Devils1674

Tried 3 times with account number

>Never received any text messages to authorize the port

@Devils1674 that usually means you provided the wrong info to yiur new provider. 

Did you provide IMEI number? MEID/ESD? or Account number?  What did you provide them?  Give them the info again, use Account # and not others for best result.   Be careful typos like 0 or O, 1 or l, etc

Devils1674

Account is active and in good standing. New provider was given all the needed info. They say Public is blocking the transfer. Submitted a ticket and rep says they're not blocking the transfer. Never received any text messages to authorize the port

@Devils1674is yiur account current active? you got the porting authentication text and you replied? 

open ticket withe PM support and see what they say.  And provide your new provider you PM account number and as them to re-request the port

To o0en ticket with Pm:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Devils1674

Was this ever resolved for you? I am having the same issue now. Company I am trying to port to says Public is blocking the request, Public say they aren't

@Ritchot1  which provider you try to port out to?    what is the area code and the fist 3 digits of your phone number?  this can look up if you number can be ported out to your new provider.   As @Anonymous said,  some numbers cannot be ported to some provider. 

If you want to open a ticket with PM, you can do so with this direct link:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ritchot1 : Support is generally from the new carrier. Porting out will need the confirmation from the text and if to a non-Telus carrier will need the account here being active. Maybe your number is not compatible with the carrier you want. Not all are.

Ritchot1

Doesnt work, Company porting to says Public Mobile is blocking the number, Public Mobile is saying there not its the other carriers issue.

@Curtis197 

Did you port from pc mobile to pm originally? The reason for this unusual process with pc mobile customers and koodo prepaid customers comes from telus formerly owning the post paid portion of pc mobile and currently owning koodo prepaid which shares the same back end with pm. Of course I am assuming here....but to get your question answered properly......

Can I keep my existing number?

Most current wireless phone numbers can be kept when you transfer to PC mobile as your wireless service provider. For more details about bringing your number to PC mobile, or if you have any questions, please speak with a PC mobile representative at 1-87-PCT-INFO-1 (1-877-284-6361).

Curtis197

no. a customer can do it online via their website. just like I did for public. 

there is really not many information about porting on PC Mobile site.  

However they do have a phone number posted for enquiry:

please speak with a PC mobile representative at 1-87-PCT-INFO-1 (1-877-284-6361).

@Curtis197 

You are moving to pc mobile? I am assuming then that the issue you are having works the same as it does here when porting in from pc mobile. You have to take a temporary number and contact pc mobile customer service to transfer your pm number to your pc mobile account. Only pc mobile customer support can do this for you. It cannot be done by the customer or a porting department.  PC mobile customer support should have informed you of this procedure. It is their job to know how to transfer a phone number from pm to pc mobile. If I know this why don't they?🤔

Curtis197

Im gonna be patient here. I did not receive any text yet of course. Still waiting. I think its because maybe the back end people at PC will do this when they come into work tomorrow.  The lady couldn't initiate a new port request because I already did so myself online last night. 

I can always yank my auto pay info here and if I have to get a new number so be it. 

As far as I can tell the reason to stick w public is roaming in the us as pc doesn't offer this.  thats the competitive edge they have on PC atm. I can actually pick up and talk to someone there and with 4G data comp to here, there's no way i''m sticking w public. 

@Curtis197 

Did you respond YES oi the porting authorization text sent to you on your pm sim card? If not then put your pm sim card back in your phone and contact your new provider to make the porting request again. Then reply YES within 90 minutes.

Then follow your new providers instructions as this is why you are paying them for service....so you should demand that they provide you with better customer support......or maybe you should reconsider your decision to switch providers before you port your number out of pm and lose any rewards you have accumulated on your account.

It would make me think twice.🤔

Curtis197

I have the same issue.  Do I need to create a ticket to public for them to release my number?

I called my new provider and they said the number needs to be released first. After a couple times trying to call telus they deferred me to here. I made the request last night at roughly 10pm. Could there be something wrong? 

@Aakshipushap 

Just to add to @esjliv 's post....unless you are porting to telus or koodo then your account can be in suspended state but you have to give pm moderators written/typed consent to release your number since you can't recieve the porting authorization text when suspended.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Aakshipushap wrote:

I am not able to port out of public mobile. Please help

@Aakshipushap 

Is your account currently suspended, by any chance?

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

EDIT: if within the 90 days, and you want your phone number ported, you must make a payment to activate the account. Change plans to the cheapest one, at $15, then make a payment, then port out....sorry no prorated amount will be given.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aakshipushap 

...just to clarify @HALIMACS's message - follow the instructions on the port request.  For example, sometimes you'll need to reply with YES but there are also port requests that require a reply with the text 1🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Aakshipushap 

You should supply the new wireless service provider with your Public Mobile account number.

From there, they will request that Public Mobile enable the port and they will send you a text to authorize the port.

You need to reply yes to that text, (EDIT: or with whatever confirmation method is requested in the SMS text -- 👍 @BlueB ) keeping your Public Mobile SIM card in the phone until that is done.

Afterwards, you will then be able to insert the SIM card from your new wireless service provider and reboot the phone and service should work with them.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aakshipushap 

What have you done, and what have you tried? 

Assuming your service is still active, have you confirmed the Porting Request from Public Mobile?

If your service isn't active, then you won't be able to confirm and port your number.  If your account is completely closed, the phone number is 'gone' (back to the original provider) and you can try to get it back with the original provider but no guarantees on this.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aakshipushap  you said you can't port your number out of PM.  what exact error you see?  

And yes, to be able to port away the number, you have to have an active account with PM.

Also, while most numbers can be ported out to another providers, it still depends on where the number was registered to (location wise) and if the provider you want to port over has a rate center in that location (city, town, etc)

@Aakshipushap wrote:

I am not able to port out of public mobile. Please help

First of all, is your Public Mobile service still active? Please note that for porting a phone number, your primary contact with customer service should be with the company that you are switching to. They are responsible for assisting you with this phone number trransfer.

Need Help? Let's chat.