cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not recognized by many services

bkvan20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both my partner and I got PM sims same time with similar number (672). It's been a year since we got the sims and still many services (Eg: Uber, Banks) doesn't accept both our phone numbers as valid number when entered in their web/app form. May be our number is not registered by PM in some public registry?

6 REPLIES 6

sorry.. wrong post

@bkvan20  would you consider changing you number?  you can request number change on PM for free, pick another area code.

bkvan20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good find @softech about the 672 number issues. Clearly its a problem with 672 numbers.

I have seen people asking to fix it with the services. But I have had this issue with dozens of services, should I ask everyone of them to update? Or may be something that Public Mobile can do to fix the issue with 672 numbers for all its users? Going to message the mods.

We have another thread after 672 area code last year, too...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SMS/td-p/487692

and another thread about Google not accepting it

Invalid telephone number or area code not in google system? - Android Community

Interesting thing is that people are all talking about they have PM and Koodo...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bkvan20 wrote:

Both my partner and I got PM sims same time with similar number (672). It's been a year since we got the sims and still many services (Eg: Uber, Banks) doesn't accept both our phone numbers as valid number when entered in their web/app form. May be our number is not registered by PM in some public registry?

@bkvan20 

Are (have) these service providers specifically told you that the problem can only be rectified on Public Mobile's end?   If so, definitely follow @esjliv  advice on how to contact moderators.

If not, I'd try using a combination of numbers with or without 1 and/or the area code in their form fields.

Also, confirm with these providers why their systems aren't accepting your Public Mobile number as an accepted number.   It could be that it's a 'new' exchange/prefix (the set of numbers between the area code and the last 4 digits) that their systems simply don't yet recognize as valid.   They should be the ones to remedy that for you by updating their databases.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bkvan20 wrote:

@bkvan20 

That area code is not 'new' anymore. I would think all the kinks would be worked out by now.

I would say it is the service provider you are dealing with (I mean uber, banks, etc.) that are missing this area code in their systems.

I am not sure Public Mobile can do anything about it.

Unless you are talking about short codes...?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

You can contact customer support Moderators to look into it further perhaps.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT: you can also change your phone number (every 30 days for free) through your Self Serve account to see if there is another phone number available. But who wants to change their phone number...unless there is an absolute need to.

Need Help? Let's chat.