cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number keeps getting dropped from network

bcsc1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Disclaimer upfront - I have contacted the mod team. 

So this is the second time this has happened. I'm a longtime PM customer. My longstanding number all of a sudden gets detached from my SIM/network somehow. Last time it was full on and I had no access to the network. This time many people can't text and when they call it says this number has not been activated. Others can call or text no problem. This seems to happen with no rhyme or reason. 

The only thing that happened before this all began was that I temporarily had to use an iPhone with my SIM while my Android was out of commission and I deregistered my number from iMessage. Not sure how that would impact it though. 

Anyway has anyone encountered this before?? The first time was odd (note it wasn't the phone or the SIM, my number came essentially unported somehow despite nothing changing with my account) and now it's really problematic and I'm missing important calls and texts. More frustrating still this time it's not for everyone and I can still make outgoing calls and texts!! Looking to solve this mystery and where the problem lies. 

12 REPLIES 12

bcsc1234

Samsung A71. Same issue when SIM is used in an iPhone 7. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bcsc1234 what's the make and model of your android?

try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

@bcsc1234 wrote:

Is there a chance someone is trying to port or take my number somehow do you think or is this more likely a network issue? 

@bcsc1234 , not sure; I would leave that for the Moderators to figure and fix!

If you have not heard back from the Moderators within 24hours of your ticket; I would resubmit it. It is important that you get this sorted out, I would say.

bcsc1234

Is there a chance someone is trying to port or take my number somehow do you think or is this more likely a network issue? 

bcsc1234

Yes. 

Hi @bcsc1234 ,

Have you tried your SIM in a different phone to see if the same thing is happening...just to rule out the phone you are using.

bcsc1234

Yes, my phone number couldn't be ported in the usual way to the replacement sim because the initial problem actually wasn't with the sim. Here's exactly what happened. 

1. Network dropped, no access, no ability to receive calls or texts or make them. 

2. Bought new SIM. Tried to activate. Didn't work. 

3. If I tried to call my number it said it wasn't in service. Account up to date and active. 

4. Mod team tried to port manually, didn't work, then tech support needed to do something on the back end and problem solved. 

Now it's happened again, but not all the way. Some numbers can call or text but others get the phone number not activated message. 

I'll double check SIM but as said I'm still getting some but not all and can make outgoing calls. 

@bcsc1234 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply! It's not the SIM - when it first happened I thought it was so got a new one and the number wouldn't port so the mods had to troubleshoot somehow. This time it's only partially "detached". The really mystifying thing is that when you call my number there's just a straight up message that the number hasn't been assigned. What usually is this case when this happens? Is it possible for numbers to spontaneously become un-ported? It wouldn't be an issue with a sim or device if calling the number itself results in that auto message that it's not in service would it?

Did you check your Self Serve account and see if the SIM card # matches...just checking this as there has been cases of SIM-Jacking. Not saying this happed to you, but must rule it out.

What do you mean above when you said "the number wouldn't port". Were you referring to the SIM card #?

bcsc1234

Yes, as mentioned I have contacted the mod team, last night. Awaiting a reply. They were helpful last time though it took about four days and was escalated to tech support. Given its the second time I want to understand why this is happening and if it's happened to others. 

bcsc1234

Thanks for the quick reply! It's not the SIM - when it first happened I thought it was so got a new one and the number wouldn't port so the mods had to troubleshoot somehow. This time it's only partially "detached". The really mystifying thing is that when you call my number there's just a straight up message that the number hasn't been assigned. What usually is this case when this happens? Is it possible for numbers to spontaneously become un-ported? It wouldn't be an issue with a sim or device if calling the number itself results in that auto message that it's not in service would it?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bcsc1234 hi have you contacted a moderator yet? if not, contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention account issues   check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bcsc1234 ,

Well, this DOES sound frustrating, sorry to hear it. I hope the PM Moderators have some solution for you on this.

The things that come to my mind is:

• a faulty SIM
  • issues with the provisioning on your account - which moderators should be able to fix, if so
  • Does your last 4-digts of your SIM card match what is shows on your SELF SERVE account?

You find this under "Change Sim Card" below, in you My Profile section.

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Need Help? Let's chat.