cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number coming up as "Long Distance" when NOT long distance

KristaB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have province-wide calling with my plan. I am living in Nova Scotia with the area code 902. I have been trying to call my boyfriend with the area code 902. However, the call will not go through and the voice that comes on tells me that I cannot make long distance calls. This happened in the past with my mother's phone number. This issue was rectified via emailing Public Mobile. I am now receiving a message from the Public Mobile email address stating that Public Mobile no longer responds to issues via email. I was directed to this community in regards to this issue. Is there a way I can get this fixed?

Thank you so much for your time!
6 REPLIES 6

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

definitely sounds like an account glitch, otherwise dialing 1 in front would have solved it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How about adding + in front of the 1.  It's worth a shot.

KristaB

@ShawnC13

Thank you for taking the time to answer to this issue!

On landline this phone number is not long distance. Unfortunately, I do have the phone number in as "1-902" when dialing. So it is not the phone number that is causing the issue. This happened with my mother's phone number in the past and Public Mobile was able to fix this by doing something on their end. I'm hoping this will be easily fixed like last time.

KristaB

Thank you, @NDesai!

I have sent the Moderator Team a private message 🙂

Krista

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@KristaB, if you were to call his number from a landline would it be considered long distance?  I have the same thing withibn BC with the 250 but I just add the 1 and it goes through and does not use any long distance minutes.

@KristaB wrote:

Hello, 

I have province-wide calling with my plan. I am living in Nova Scotia with the area code 902. I have been trying to call my boyfriend with the area code 902. However, the call will not go through and the voice that comes on tells me that I cannot make long distance calls. This happened in the past with my mother's phone number. This issue was rectified via emailing Public Mobile. I am now receiving a message from the Public Mobile email address stating that Public Mobile no longer responds to issues via email. I was directed to this community in regards to this issue. Is there a way I can get this fixed?

Thank you so much for your time!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@KristaB They no longer provide support through emails. So you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info. They will get back to you shortly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.