cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ported and No Account Details

DG2016
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure who to contact regarding this matter. I have sent an email and had no luck.

My number has been ported and I don't have an account number with Public Mobile to port my number back to my network. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11

rinkoedo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to do the same thing getting a new sim and reinstating service. Plus all the time wasted trying to restore whatever special retention features.

Some one in Public Mobile should be fired for this mess.

DG2016

That is really inconvenient, because this has made my account with my network inactive, which means I have to purchase a new sim and set up a new account. There is no message or warning that the number would be ported even though one abandons it half way.

rinkoedo

There seem to be some manual eff up behind the scene.

Nov 20 - end of 12GB promotion

Dec 6 - multiple reports of numbers ported to PM without authorization

This seems to happen when a customer reaches the payment section after setting up a port-in. As one leaves the Phone Number page the system seems to set up the requested phone number, either new or the port-in. If the customer abandons activation later the account is not created (not payed for) BUT the port-in request has been sent.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rinkoedo

According to the last support update, expect a 12-day wait to first response. You should find way to escalate up to Telus.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-on-support/td-p/114863/page/22

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope they can fix it asap.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This has been happening more and more in the last couple days, had never seen it before. Not exactly sure what's going on, is a human or a computer pushing these ports?

DG2016

Hi @nishufan

I can't log-in/register because it doesn't recognize my number or email address because I never fully committed to switching to Public Mobile. Yet my number has been ported. So I don't have access to "My Account" really, and that's the information I need.

Hopefully @Shazia_K is able to fix this for me so I can port back my number!

nishufan

Hi @DG2016

You log in the my account. and your PM account number is on the right side as shown in follow figure.

Untitled.jpg

DG2016

Thanks for the recommendation! I messaged her this morning, but haven't got a response yet. I understand she must be really busy! It's just frustrating because I haven't had access to anything for 2 days now and I need my phone number back desperately.

rkreddyb4u

Mod team @Shazia_K can help, you can private message with details.

Need Help? Let's chat.