cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now in self serve: Province-wide talk, global text and 4GB for $45 and more

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found this thread on RFD this morning. 

There *may* be a new promo coming. No announcment from MOD's yet that I've seen.

$45/30 days on 90 days plan with autopay
- unlimited province wide talk
- unlimited global text
- 9+3 GB LTE data 

Looks like lower tier plans are also available.

What do you think? Worth it to switch from a lower cost plan?

111 REPLIES 111

As of just now, self serve plan selector is not in sync with public plan selector.  @Jeremy_M Is that intentional?  Some plans there are slightly cheaper. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MCWC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ashish_s wrote:

@srlawren i am in Ontario!

@MCWC @mtfolks $45/month + tax right? i think i assumed it was $45 with tax included when it's actually $45 + tax, i think.

Correct, its $45+tax ($135+tax per 90 days with autopay enabled)

@ashish_s wrote:

@MCWC @mtfolks $45/month + tax right? i think i assumed it was $45 with tax included when it's actually $45 + tax, i think.

All prices posted are before tax.

ashish_s

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just future dated my line (from the old 6GB LTE/$120 plan). Decent little upgrade for $7 a month, and of course if a better deal comes before November (when my plans due), I can always move to that.

Not a bad deal from Public if you aren't on the old 4GB promo, little upset that its officially Ontario limited (I still got it in BC). Snap it up while you can, folks!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ashish_s $50/mth would be $150/90 days. Also the $141 price is before autopay. Deducted $6 and you've got $45/mth. 

sharmaa

I don't believe it is.

@SD08 You get all my mistakes!  Dang you!  I'm attempting to look knowledgable LOL.

MCWC

@ashish_s wrote:

Umm..I'm confused because I'm actually seeing $141+taxes/90 days which ends up being ~$50/month (after autopay AND loyalty). This isn't the $47/month ($45/month with autopay) that seems to be advertised. Am I seeing something wrong? I'd like to take advantage of this deal but it looks like I'd be paying ~$50/month instead of the advertised $47 ($45 with autopay). Can anyone help? Thanks!public mobile upgrade features and price.PNG

That looks right to me. The $141 per 90 days is before autopay discount, with autopay the price of the plan would be $135 per 90 days which works out to $45/month

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashish_s are you in Ontario?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ashish_s

Umm..I'm confused because I'm actually seeing $141+taxes/90 days which ends up being ~$50/month (after autopay AND loyalty). This isn't the $47/month ($45/month with autopay) that seems to be advertised. Am I seeing something wrong? I'd like to take advantage of this deal but it looks like I'd be paying ~$50/month instead of the advertised $47 ($45 with autopay). Can anyone help? Thanks!public mobile upgrade features and price.PNG

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm_tl, the plan just went live this afternoon.  It's the same plan, but $5 more per 30 days with autopay.  A great deal in Ontario!

Actually, this is $7/month more expensive.  The Fall 2016 plan was $40/month ($38 after autopay).  This one is $47/month ($45 after autopay).

mtfolks

Yup. Nothing about Provincial restrictions in the fine print. And it doesn't list an end date only that once it is communicated that's the end of the promo and it won't be honoured past that. 

Surprisingly nothing official communicated in the forum either. But they posted it to Twitter which is how I found out about it. No mention of restrictions there either. 

@pm_tl, the plan just went live this afternoon.  It's the same plan, but $5 more per 30 days with autopay.  A great deal in Ontario!

@pm_tl wrote:

Just wondering:

is this promo still available in Ontario as of today Tuesday September 19th evening?

Would you consider it better than the Fall 2016 Promo ?

Any other restrictions than province ?

Thanks.

If you are on the Fall 2016 promo enjoy the exact same features for $5 less. If you are not on a 4GB LTE/$40/30 days plan this is potentially as good as it gets these days. 

I haven't seen any other restrictions in the fine-print (but then I only became aware of the province restriction in this thread...)

mtfolks

Definitely not better than the fall promo. That was $40/4GB. But I think this is pretty **bleep** competitive which I'm very glad to see. 

pm_tl

Just wondering:

is this promo still available in Ontario as of today Tuesday September 19th evening?

Would you consider it better than the Fall 2016 Promo ?

Any other restrictions than province ?

Thanks.

mtfolks

Much appreciated, @Jeremy_M! Just future dated three BC number lines and glad to hear they'll be honoured. 

Any word when we'll see more open promos or BC specific promos launched in the future?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mtfolks wrote:

Too lazy to scroll through all the responses and want to future date this promo on a few accounts if possible before they yank the promo offer again.

Just want to confirm that future dated plan changes will be honoured? @Jeremy_M@CS_Agent?

@mtfolks If you're able to future date to this plan, we will honor it.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@Rustynayl We will honor it if you were able to choose it.

Jeremy

That's nice. Thanks, Jeremy and thanks PM.

MCWC

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@MCWC wrote:

@Jeremy_M

I'm not located in Ontario and I was able to future date a plan change to this promotion on an existing account

@MCWC you got the plan and you don’t live in Ontario? I’m surprised! Given that happened, we will honour it.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Rustynayl We will honor it if you were able to choose it.

Jeremy

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@MCWC wrote:

@Jeremy_M

I'm not located in Ontario and I was able to future date a plan change to this promotion on an existing account

@MCWC you got the plan and you don’t live in Ontario? I’m surprised! Given that happened, we will honour it.

@Jeremy_M I'm in Alberta and was able to take this promo. (See screenshot below), so we'll be able to keep this plan?? sc1.png

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@MCWC wrote:

@Jeremy_M

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@wetcoaster

Are you located in Ontario? 

@Jeremy_M

Like some others here who have mentioned being able to future date on this, I am not in Ontario.

@SD08 rises some more interesting questions...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

For people who are not Ontario residents. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

mtfolks

Too lazy to scroll through all the responses and want to future date this promo on a few accounts if possible before they yank the promo offer again.

Just want to confirm that future dated plan changes will be honoured? @Jeremy_M@CS_Agent?

We just renewed at the beginning of the month so there's no way I'm throwing 2.5 months of fees away to switch. 

Thanks all!

PS I'm in BC and I'm able to select this plan and future date it in self serve. If it lets me complete that request and PM doesn't honour it I'm gonna flip out. 

MCWC

@Jeremy_M

@jordanharris01 @MEU_21 wrote:

Is anyone else able to get these prices?

Province-wide, Global Text, 6GB 3G for $73 => ~$22/m with AutoPay
Province-wide, Global Text, 9GB 3G for $88 => ~$27/m with AutoPay
Province-wide, Global Text, 18GB 3G for $127 => ~$32/m with AutoPay

Province-wide, Global Text, 6GB LTE for $97 => ~$30/m with AutoPay"

I can't but would love to for a new activation for my brother-in-law.

Totally wrong plan and prices. There is no 9GB option. Looks like whoever posted this was glitched. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@wetcoaster

Are you located in Ontario? 

Need Help? Let's chat.