cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification settings

davamb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I receive  multiple text messages from Public Mobile each month, notifying me that my subscription is due, that it has been paid, that I have earned rewards, etc.

Is there a way to turn these text messages off, or at least reduce the quantity of texts? Or is there a way to completely disable text messages?  I don't do texting at all, so email notification would be far better...if that was an option.

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

@davamb Glad all works out!!

davamb

Yes @LEGO ! Thanks, this is it. I managed to get it figured out thanks to you and @hTideGnow as you can see from my previous post

Thank you to all those who offered help and suggestions! Very much appreciated. Problem solved...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davamb : That was LEGO. Then the next thing to do would be to turn off the little icon indicator. Not sure if that's possible. But maybe shutting it up is enough for you 🙂

davamb

Ah, @hTideGnow I managed to adjust the volume to zero, Thank you.

I have been through the different menus many, many times and never found the way to accomplish this although it is quite easy when you figure it out. 

Their menu is very unintuitive, and the "ring tones" are extremely obnoxious little tunes - nothing that sounds remotely like a phone ring. 

Thanks again

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@davamb You may adjust sound for messages in your Profile. (User Manual for Ushining F280)

Profiles
Profiles including General、Silent、Meeting、Outdoor and Headset. First,
based on the current scene, select a different profile, then you only need a
personal profile can be set and activated.
General: General environment.
Silent: For Silent environment.
Meeting: Vibrate mode.
Outdoor: For outdoor activities, need to pre-set (for example, ring
volume can be set to a higher state).
Press the left soft key "Options":
Activate: Enable the selected profile.
Customize:
Alert type: Ring only/Vib. Only/Vib. and ring/Vib. then ring.
Ring type: You can choose repeat and beep once.
Ringtone According to their own preferences set ringtones, can also be set
from the memory card custom ringtones
Ringtone volume In the volume control interface, you can volume up and
down navigation keys on the set. Volume level is divided into seven.
Message According to their own preferences set ringtones.
Message volume In the volume control interface, you can volume up and down
navigation keys on the set. Volume level is divided into seven.
Keypad You can set keypad as silent,click and tone
Keypad volume You can set keypad volume.
Power on You can set power on ringtone.
Power off You can set power off ringtone.
System alert: Set it on or off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davamb : Yeah the user manual is a little light on those deeper details and a little ESL. There are some options that might get somewhere but they don't seem to say as far as I can somewhat tell.

@davamb  I think you can adjust the Ring.

did you check the Profiles->Settings->Adjust Volume?  There should be a Message Volume and maybe you can lower or mute it?    I think you can change ringtone and maybe you can choose something you like more?

davamb

Thanks, @Anonymous for the suggestion.

It is a very basic flip-phone bought from Amazon - a Ushining: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088836PFT

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davamb : What's the make/model/submodel? Maybe someone here has the phone or can find the info.

davamb

Thanks for the info @esjliv - I understand the risks, but don't use texts and have no desire to use them for any reason (I'm an old guy!) so wouldn't respond to promo texts anyway.

We have two accounts, and one of the phones we use - a very cheap one - has an annoying tune it plays when texts arrive and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off or change the settings to disable texts .

I suppose I'll just have to pay a bit more for a more customizable phone.

davamb

Thanks, @Anonymous and @dabr - yeah, I meant the self serve. I'm happy with the community settings as they are.

@davamb  since this is a prepaid service it is 'us' customer's responsibility to have funds paid in advance to obtain Public Mobile service we expect.

So, although, these text may be annoying at times, if you can ignore them....but at the same time, BE AWARE of them - I think you will benefit.

I feel it is important to have this communication. What if your credit card expired and you forgot to update your card registered on your account? Maybe these texts will trigger you to update it.

OR a promo - even better! You need to respond to a text or take action on your Self Serve to take advantage of these goodies!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately notifications are only sent via text and not email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

However, it can lead to loss of future notifications that may result in regret.  

"May result in regret" indeed. What he means by that is the gifts the company gives out on occasion. Then people come in screaming that they didn't know about the gifts when it's too late.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@davamb , for some things you can respond by replying with unsubscribe.  All items that can be blocked will be blocked.  However, it can lead to loss of future notifications that may result in regret.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : I think he means the self-serve.

@davamb : You can turn off text notifications in the texting app or phone settings.

Yep realized that after reading @HALIMACS  response and then re-reading OP's post, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : I think he means the self-serve.

@davamb : You can turn off text notifications in the texting app or phone settings.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@davamb 

While there may be some manageability of communication from public mobile, some notifications cannot be turned off and some are even mandated by the CRTC through the CCTS. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@davamb wrote:

Hi,

I receive  multiple text messages from Public Mobile each month, notifying me that my subscription is due, that it has been paid, that I have earned rewards, etc.

Is there a way to turn these text messages off, or at least reduce the quantity of texts? Or is there a way to completely disable text messages?  I don't do texting at all, so email notification would be far better...if that was an option.

Thanks!

@davamb   You can modify your notifications by clicking your avatar and then select My Settings, then Subcriptions/Notifications.  You can decided which messages/notifications you want to opt in/out of.  Make sure to "save" any changes you make.

Edit:  sorry my suggestions only work for community forums and not texts!

Need Help? Let's chat.