cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so great service lately...

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I never thought I would have this problem untill a couple weeks ago. I've been noticing that my data speeds are just unbelievably slow sometimes. Im getting 3Mbps but for some reason Chrome just takes ages to load. Also I've been noticing some funny issues with calls and sometimes calls won't go through. Is anyone elese experiencing these issues ? Its nothing that bad but I've been noticing it.

PM needs to switch to 4G now. Cmon PM 5G is out, why do we have to be on a ancient 3G call network. The data throttle should also be higher. 3mbps is getting old now..

And its not a problem with my phone before anyone says that. 

13 REPLIES 13

Ngoik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah I've been having issues lately too. Terribly slow data, poorer quality calls, texts take longer to send out. 

Glad it's not just me. 

boy, get it boy! 

sorry, no work tomorrow! yes!

@reddysar7 wrote:

yon can also try to reach online chat  customer

support  

Please note that online chat does not provide customer support. They're there for activatiion/sales questions only.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I can understand your frustration with this. If this problem occurred recently and you’re on an android, then it could be that something is consuming network resources like a background app or virus. You could temporarily install a trial app of Bitdefender and have it run a scan so we can rule out a virus. You can also try updating your phone's operating system as well as turning it off for like 30 seconds. I know you said not your phone, but you might now have considered some of the above steps. Now of all the carriers I’ve subscribed to, only Freedom had painful speeds and I accepted it for a while but at least I was able to isolate the cause to their towers. I personally don’t notice a difference between call quality of data between 3G, 4G and LTE besides maybe 1 second faster loading time. Call quality has so many variables that I don’t even worry when I make calls, as long as both sides can hear the call. PM might switch up to 4G, but it doesn’t guarantee faster speeds, it's all theoretical speeds. If users including myself keep running speed tests all the time, then we’ll notice things that don’t matter as much.

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred from virgin service to public Mobil, I checked with on-line customer services they verified in just in couple of minutes and updated the information.

yon can also try to reach online chat  customer

support  

BearFBI

@gpixel wrote:

@BearFBI. I've also noticed the LTE not playing nice.

maybe the weather is playing a factor in my location. it's been raining a lot in Vancouver (big surprise)

try using HSPA for a day to see if it's better

Thanks ill try that. 

@BearFBI. I've also noticed the LTE not playing nice.

maybe the weather is playing a factor in my location. it's been raining a lot in Vancouver (big surprise)

try using HSPA for a day to see if it's better

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI @Gunner123 

It sounds like 3g only zone, it's painful

Try forcing LTE, some phones allow that

BearFBI

@Jb456 wrote:

@BearFBI  PM uses LTE (4g) for data it's just throttled to 3g speed of 3mbs. 

Phone calls are on the 3g network.

I use only my phone with Chrome and have not experienced the issues you are experiencing. 

Is it a certain website or all websites? What phone are you using?

I understand this. Thats the problem the 3G voice network.

3G voice is becoming ancient its to a point where some areas dont even have proper 3G coverage. The 4G throttled network is better in terms of reception but the speeds are getting old. Webpages are using a lot more bandwidth than they used to and 3mbps is slow for some websites.

I'm using a Galaxy s10. It is mostly on bandwidth intensive websites. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

@BearFBI  PM uses LTE (4g) for data it's just throttled to 3g speed of 3mbs. 

Phone calls are on the 3g network.

I use only my phone with Chrome and have not experienced the issues you are experiencing. 

Is it a certain website or all websites? What phone are you using?

BearFBI

@Gunner123 ive done that. Ive also used other web browsers. Its just the data speed. 3mbps is starting to get old.

Gunner123

@BearFBI wrote:

I never thought I would have this problem untill a couple weeks ago. I've been noticing that my data speeds are just unbelievably slow sometimes. Im getting 3Mbps but for some reason Chrome just takes ages to load. Also I've been noticing some funny issues with calls and sometimes calls won't go through. Is anyone elese experiencing these issues ? Its nothing that bad but I've been noticing it.

PM needs to switch to 4G now. Cmon PM 5G is out, why do we have to be on a ancient 3G call network. The data throttle should also be higher. 3mbps is getting old now..

And its not a problem with my phone before anyone says that. 

@BearFBI hi I am also having issues with chrome lately I seem to have fixed the issue by deleting than reinstalling the app maybe give that a try 

Need Help? Let's chat.