cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving any services i paid for

Brandonh94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello all i haf put 25 dollar card onto my account witch took me to a balance of 33 dollars. I have a 25 text and talk plan.. They took my 25 dollars and i still cannot text nor locally call .. Recieve messages nor calls .. It shows my account is active

(duplicate threads on same issue merged and moved by computergeek541 to an appropriate message category)

33 REPLIES 33

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If everything is active, lost/stolen did not work but they can't use it, sounds to me a lot like the phone is either locked or not compatible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brandonh94:

Did you say you also added another $25? I think I read you had 8, added 25, 25 was taken, back to 8...did you add another 25 here after you got renewed?

OK folks stop adding guesses. @Brandonh94  has said in several posts his account shows Active but he has no services. If the lost/stolen phone trick fails moderator help is needed.

So brandon, send the moderators a message if you have not already done so.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ernst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you bought a new sim double check its active...

@Brandonh94, have you attempted the lost/stolen feature within the My Account area that we mentioned to you hours ago?

@Brandonh94 wrote:

I was at walmart and was told i needed a factory reset on my account as ler if tryed to take my funds before they were in account

Walmart can't help you about an existing account.  Factory reset on an account? There is no such thing.

Brandonh94

yep most certainly did

Brandonh94

ok .. so my services say active.. i still cannot send messages nor make calls..  nor recieve anything calls nor messages.. walmart was absouetly useless .. i messaged the moderater still waiting on a reply.. after blowing 25 yesterday on phone card and another 25 today on cards im playing the waiting game

@Brandonh94, so what's up?  Can you update us in this thread so we can keep your issue in one place?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message To

public mobile customer support team (Moderators)>> Click here 

When are Moderators available and how long till I get a response.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time.

And be patient please

Good Luck

@Brandonh94 wrote:

Okay soo im lost .. I had a balance of 8 dollars.. I put a 25 dollar card on witch brought me to a balance of 33 dollars.. Public mobile took my 25 dollar text and call plan out of my balance leaving me with 8 dollars again.. My account shows active .. But i still cannot text nor call.. Recive calls nor texts

Please do not start a new topic under a different heading, respond to your previous post by clicking "Reply" at the bottom of the response you get from others.

Brandonh94

Okay soo im lost .. I had a balance of 8 dollars.. I put a 25 dollar card on witch brought me to a balance of 33 dollars.. Public mobile took my 25 dollar text and call plan out of my balance leaving me with 8 dollars again.. My account shows active .. But i still cannot text nor call.. Recive calls nor texts

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brandonh94 wrote:

hello all i haf put 25 dollar card onto my account witch took me to a balance of 33 dollars. I have a 25 text and talk plan.. They took my 25 dollars and i still cannot text nor locally call .. Recieve messages nor calls .. It shows my account is active

Have you tried the lost/stolen?

Using self-serve to set the phone as lost/stolen. Log out and log back in after 5 minutes, and resume the service?

Also, how long have you been out of service?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Brandonh94 wrote:

Have you tried the suggestions in your other post?

@Brandonh94 wrote:

absoutely nothing works. from texting to calling .. my plan is $25 texting and calling.. no error messages. no call outs.. wont send or recieve messages.

Did the lost/stolen trick work?

Have you tried cycling airplane mode on then off, restarting your phone and resetting network settings?

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@Ernst, no worries, just wanting to make sure that for someone reading later, that the mentioning of APN would be more confusing to deal with, without resolving the other larger issue of all services stopped.

We're all customers here and trying to help each other.

Ernst

My bad, 

Just went from my own experince.. as i had bought a phone from walmart and had the same issue.. 

@Ernst, the OP has stated they do not have a data package, so the APN is likely not the issue, as it's affecting all other services.

However, yes, the APN will be an issue if everything else starts working, and MMS fails.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brandonh94 wrote:

okay sorry . so i have added funds and they took the money.. my phone can not call nor text .. its showing my account is active but when i try to call out or try to call my own number says its not active . walmart had said to message and somthing about reseting my phone!

If your account status is active, your plan features were not provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

Ernst

Chances are if you activated the sim, and have the funds...

It could be the apn settings on your phone..

When i activated an account for a friend a simple restart worked.. but my own phone required me to update the settings..

Phone make and model? Ill ink the settings for you

Okay... access your self-service account (My Account) and go to the lost/stolen tab.

Mark your phone as lost or stolen, wait 5-10 minutes, and remove the lost or stolen.

This sometimes jumpstarts the reactivation after payment.

Brandonh94

yep since sept

Brandonh94

absoutely nothing works. from texting to calling .. my plan is $25 texting and calling.. no error messages. no call outs.. wont send or recieve messages.

skylenth
@Brandonh94 Are you sure that you activated your SIM on the Public Mobile Activation Page?

@Brandonh94 j

Please describe more about this.  What error messages are you getting?  What is your plan?  Does anything work correctly?  We still don't know what you help you with.

Brandonh94

walmart had seen i had added funds.. public mobile had withdrawn them.. my acount had been topped up every month since sept.. they didnt give me any info besides to message on here and ask for a account reset! was not much help

Brandonh94

yes to all 3.. i had just put time on my phone last night.. my plan went threw and nothing works! walmart told me to come here

Brandonh94

okay sorry . so i have added funds and they took the money.. my phone can not call nor text .. its showing my account is active but when i try to call out or try to call my own number says its not active . walmart had said to message and somthing about reseting my phone!

Ernst

Did you buy a sim card? 

And or a phone?

Also do you have a public mobile account?

skylenth
Could you please describe your problem more clearly for the community to understand. What do you mean by "factory reset my account" and "take my funds cause they were in my account"?
Need Help? Let's chat.