cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving Incoming calls

Tracy_budd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hooked up a friend yesterday and he cannot recieve incomig calls. It goes right to voicemail. 

He can receive and send text and can call out.  He used his same number he had before. And unlimited talk is included in package.

4 REPLIES 4

paulyvonnewong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

had the same issue too but just needed to wait till port was fully complete. I was able to make outgoing calls right away after porting, but nothing incoming. You should  have recieved a text message saying your port was successful. Once you have that, you should be able to receive incomingg. If that's not the case, contact a mod to check that your port was successful.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tracy_budd 

Change the phone setting to ring longer before forwarding the incoming call to voicemail.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tracy_budd wrote:

I hooked up a friend yesterday and he cannot recieve incomig calls. It goes right to voicemail. 

He can receive and send text and can call out.  He used his same number he had before. And unlimited talk is included in package.

Which voicemail? Old provider or Public Mobile voicemail?

Edit: If calls are going to PM voicemail, check phone app settings and make sure that it's not set for calls to go directly to voicemail.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Has the port been completed from his old provider? Old SIM is inactive?

Need Help? Let's chat.