cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

zbross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number from my local carrier yesterday. My mobile carrier on the phone says Public Mobile but texting is not working. Short texts go through but sms messages, pictures and incoming texts do not.

I am able to make calls, but I cannot send sms messages or recieve texts. Please help soon as I use this phone for business as well. I already submitted a ticket.

8 REPLIES 8

@Pandalynne 

sending you the number, please check your community inbox.  The porting support team is closed now , but call back tomorrow morning

Pandalynne

Hi there, can you post the number? I'm having the same issue

Truck128
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does it take to complete the port

Connor5

I am having the same issue how do I resolve.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@zbross 

Try adjusting Chat messages options (if an Android device - iPhone will be similar with iMessaging)

1. click Messaging app, 
  2. click 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

@zbross 

As mentioned above, your port is incomplete.  You will also notice that you will not be able to receive voice calls also.  You should be able to call and text out, but unable to receive.  

You can contact moderator, but it may be quicker to try to call the Telus porting team.  I will private message the phone number to you.  This number is only used for porting issues.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zbross , your number transfer is incomplete.  This announcement covers the number transfer process.  You need to confirm the transfer before it can be completed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.