cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from certain contacts

bree1212
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have opened 2 private messages with the moderator team regarding this, yesterday afternoon and this morning.

It has been 24 hours - how do I actually get help in timely manner?

7 REPLIES 7

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was able to find the following on apple's website:

Thanks for following up! Deleting the contact and then adding it again is a great troubleshooting step. Did you also delete the message thread with that contact? If not, try that now, then start a new thread with the contact to see if you can receive messages normally again.

Also if you haven't restarted the iPhone yet, give that a try as well

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8579606

Ritchiek187
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I was noticing that on the apple site (since you are on IOS), that some of the phones are blocking numbers randomly. I would suggest going to your phone app, then selecting the i button then going to contacts, Scroll to the bottom then select "unblock this caller."

Here is a short video for reference. It will be roughly the same for most phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZTsZWnutZU 

PS it never hurts to make sure that they are not blocked.

Have a nice day!!! 

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tell your contacts to add +1 to your number.  That solved my problem regarding that as I don't know why some numbers can't send messages to me without that "+1" suffixed to my number in their address book

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bree1212  You wrote "IOS" so I'll guess that you have an iPhone?

If so,. When you say "Text" are you talking of text that go through the traditional text system or are you talking about iMessage that use wifi of data? Blue messages are iMessage, Green is traditional.

Could you NOT be getting to receive the text via iMessage because your data is off (or you ran out of data) and not connected to a WiFi source?

If it's traditional text are they turned on in your setting? May look  like below.

IMG_20201102_192347.png

Do they receive your message? 

If it is iMessage. What steps have you done to try and resolve the issue? Like log out of apple from ALL devices and re-login? Delete them from your contacts and also in your Apple cloud accounts and then re-add them?

Keep us posted!

bree1212
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks so much!

On Monday January 4, I stopped receiving incoming text messages from 2 of my contacts.  I have tested incoming texts from both on rogers network phone, and I receive them fine.  I have updated my iOS, restarted my phone, changed the network carrier and back again...to no avail

@bree1212 

What is your issue maybe we can try to assist you on the forums (don't write personal info)

As for your question of how long to get a reply from moderators. 

As per help article.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support#:~:text=Our%20chatbot%20SIMon.,Diali....

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bree1212 

don't use the private message option, you need to use SIMon

follow these instructions please if you would like a response by today

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.