cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from Rogers customers

abenjamin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just noticed a few days ago that I've been unable to receive any texts from people specifically on Rogers. I've tested, and am able to receive texts from people on Telus, Bell, Fido, and people on Rogers are able to get my texts, but I don't get anything back. Nothing's changed plan or device wise to make this happen, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with my account or an issue on one of Public Mobile's or Rogers' end.

Has anyone else been experiencing the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11

chillpills
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@abenjamin I am not too sure about that. I am still not receiving texts. All the messages from yesterday came in this morning but I am not getting messages that people sent this am. I don't think it has self resolved yet

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great news!

Cheers,

Neil

abenjamin

Thanks to all for your suggestions, the problem somehow resolved itself this morning all on its own though! Not sure how, but I'm fine with it!

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I had a similar problem, except that I could not receive MMS messages from Bell subscribers.

It happened after I had been away for a week, and allI needed to do was a SIM reset:

1. Power off
  2. Remove SIM
  3. Wait ten minutes
  4. Re-insert SIM
  5. Power on
  6. Success!

I am guessing that when I returned to Canada, my phone did not properly register/connect to the PM network.  But a SIM reset, I think, forced a clean connection.

Hope this helps,

Neil

@Raven_Jet wrote:
That's strange, have you tried to see if it is just one Rogers customer you don't receive texts from? Did you accidentally block them?

I can receive texts from all Canadian providers.

@Raven_Jet, from a post above the OP made

people I've tried to text on Rogers are family and the girlfriend, so definitely not blocked Smiley Happy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That's strange, have you tried to see if it is just one Rogers customer you don't receive texts from? Did you accidentally block them?

I can receive texts from all Canadian providers.

@abenjamin wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions @Luddite. Not a former Rogers customer, didn't port from them, and the people I've tried to text on Rogers are family and the girlfriend, so definitely not blocked 🙂 I've messaged a moderator per your recommendation.

An oddity is that I realized I've received MMS messages and the text portion that comes with them, just not normal SMS messages.

This is quite the oddity.  Usually issues are with MMS, not SMS.  Hopefully, the moderators can get to the bottom of this issue for you.  

abenjamin

Thanks for the suggestions @Luddite. Not a former Rogers customer, didn't port from them, and the people I've tried to text on Rogers are family and the girlfriend, so definitely not blocked 🙂 I've messaged a moderator per your recommendation.

An oddity is that I realized I've received MMS messages and the text portion that comes with them, just not normal SMS messages.

Ask a moderator to look at your account, especially if you ported a Rogers number to Public Mobile. Send any one of them a private message ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Maybe you annoyed Rogers? Robot LOL

While you are waiting for a response, just double check you have not blocked those individual numbers. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

abenjamin

Thanks for checking, I assume that would mean it's something specific to my account then.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have no problems with sending or receive text from Rogers service.  Just did a test right now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.