cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some text messages

TimGj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @CS_Agent,

I've been having intermittent but fairly frequent issues receiving texts for several months. I'll often have a day where I cannot receive any texts from a certain person or a few people. Usually the next day it works fine, but this seems to happen fairly frequently and to random people. Some have been on Public Mobile, others not. They can always receive my text messages and calling and data continue to work during this time with no issues. I also seem to be able to receive MMS. While this happens, I'll have no problems receiving texts from other people.

Yesterday, I had this happen again with a couple people but would maybe get one in eight texts approximately on time, but then the rest came in the middle of the night. This was the first time I received them after a significant delay (usually they don't come at all). It's been very annoying and like I said, this has been happening off-and-on for months so I've definitely restarted my phone, applied updates, etc.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Arowell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@TimGj

@CS_Agent 

Could you please help me with this as well? I am having the same issue, only I am a brand new customer switching over to this new PM sim card. Having trouble receiving messages from only certain people, some people are not receiving my messages, and some calls are going straight to voicemail. Despite having created a voicemail greeting, there is no voicemail when someone calls. Please help!

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel like the global system had an update recently and something got screwed up. No worries though, thankfully, there's a community with us here, and this issue will be dealt with quick enough. 

But restarting our phones once in a while doesn't hurt. 

PM is still the best thing that ever happened to all of us?

TimGj

@neatooo I do. I doubt that's the issue, but it might be worth a shot. Thanks.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@TimGj,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Please check your mailbox, I've just sent you a private message 🙂

neatooo
Do you have access to another PM compatible phone to use for a few days to see if it is your original phone causing problems?

TimGj

@neatooo No, I ported last year.

@xCameron94x The delay messages yesterday were from Rogers and Fido. But in the past, I've had issues not receiving texts at all from those plus other networks including PM.

@CS_Agent

by chance, are these delay messages from Rogers/Fido customers? apparently theres a network type issue where Telus/Koodo/PM customers are not receving texts from Rogers/Fido customers

neatooo
Did you port over recently? If so, does your previous sim still work, which might mean that the port has not been 100% complete.

TimGj

Thanks @neatooo, I saw that thread but didn't help. I just use the native Android messaging app so I can't uninstall it but it's up to date.

One person I had problems receiving from yesterday is on Rogers, but another is on Fido. In the past I've also experienced the same issues with others on Public Mobile.

neatooo

This thread might help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-receiving-delayed-texts-from-outside-...

1. try restarting your phone

2. reinstall any 3rd party app used for sms

3. Rogers and Telus were having issues with SMS.

Need Help? Let's chat.