cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving sms confirmation codes

Cunninghamarn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! 
i recently switched over to public mobile and it’s all been great except for this one thing. When I try to log into an account and it tries to send me a verification code through my phone number, it never shows up. I’ve tried the SIM card in 2 different phones and it’s through multiple different accounts, from banking to social media. Dose anyone know how to fix this? I have an Apple phone if that helps. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Cunninghamarn wrote:

Thank you for this reassurance. I did actually just bring over my number from Fido. I’ll give it a few days to figure it’s self out. Thanks!

yes, the 2FA should be working between 3 to 7 days. 

Cunninghamarn

Thank you for this reassurance. I did actually just bring over my number from Fido. I’ll give it a few days to figure it’s self out. Thanks!

Cunninghamarn

All my other messages (including texts) work though, but I’ll give it a shot.  

Cunninghamarn

Yep, all other texts and calls are working. Both iMessage and text messages work when talking to other people. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cunninghamarn  did you port your number from another carrier?

if so, that is normal for the first week.  For security reasons,  2FA verification codes are usually delayed for 72 hours for many financial institutions , some will even delays for 7 days.  This is to avoid losses due to simjacked.

Also, other system generated SMS will not send properly for couple days.  They need time to learn the route to the new "home" of your phone number.  This is not a PM issue but a general thing after porting

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cunninghamarn 

Are other types of texts working in/out?

And your calling and data services working okay?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cunninghamarn 

It's also been said that some of the 'newer' area codes introduced may have issues receiving 'verification codes'.

If your area code is a relatively newer one, that may be the problem.

A fix may be to change your number with through self-serve to a number in your area with an area code which has been around for awhile (presuming you're not attached to your existing number...)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cunninghamarn wrote:

Hi there! 
i recently switched over to public mobile and it’s all been great except for this one thing. When I try to log into an account and it tries to send me a verification code through my phone number, it never shows up. I’ve tried the SIM card in 2 different phones and it’s through multiple different accounts, from banking to social media. Dose anyone know how to fix this? I have an Apple phone if that helps. 

@Cunninghamarn 

Did you just port your number over very recently?

Short codes, like this, can take a few days to get fully set up on your account, or rather 'in the background' of things setting up. 

If it has been more than a few days try uninstalling your messages app, then reinstalling it.

Seemed to of helped this user: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Not-receiving-SMS-verification-tex...

You could also check if your phone number set up correctly?

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cunninghamarn 

Go to Settings > iCloud. Tap your Apple ID username. If your device is offline, tap Get Verification Code. If your device is online, tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

Check this out, as well:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Need Help? Let's chat.