cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls consistently

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Precursor, I’ve been a PM user for 2 years now. 
ive rebooted the phone, and this issue isn’t consistent but at least once a week I do not receive an incoming call (never the same person) and it will go to voicemail but I won’t even get the voicemail notification until almost 2 full days later! Any clue as to why and how to stop this? It’s been happening for over a month now as at first I just thought it was a fluke 

10 REPLIES 10

oshax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have been having similar issues.  I believe it's due to the network signal being weak in my area.  It's usually only about 25% or less, right now it's -112dBm 27 asu.

My wife is on PM as well having the same issues.

Bellus used to be very strong in my area but something changed a month or 2 ago.

For reference, I'm in North York (Toronto) area.

LoreckAvery

Thanks but I have an iPhone 8 Plus 

LoreckAvery

I do not have a different phone to use and I’m certain, because it’s not consistent, it has nothing to do with my iPhone 8 Plus 

LoreckAvery

Have done the airplane mode. Will try the network reset 

LoreckAvery

It is updated and signal was fine. According to the voicemail time stamp I would have been home

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LoreckAvery 

There is a setting to tell OS to stop apps from running in the background. The phone manufacturer wants to show their phones have long battery life and stopping apps from running in the background. If your Phone (calling) app is not running in the background, It may not be waked up quick enough to ring the bell before forwarding the incoming call to voicemail.

Check your settings for battery optimization setting the Phone(calling) app. It should be "Don't optimized"

Instruction for Android 9,

Settings ==> Apps noticications ==> Advanced ==> Special app access ==> Battery Optimization ==> Phone ==> Don't optimized.

There are 2 choices for battery optimization:
1. Optimize - better battery life
2. Don't Optimize - May drain your battery more quickly

If battery optimization setting is set correctly as Don't optimize. Your phone may be running too many apps to allow the "Phone (calling)" app time to response to your incoming calls. Try not to configure too many apps as Don't optimized.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LoreckAvery  Use your SIM  a different phone for a week to completely rule out your phone. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery wrote:

ive rebooted the phone, and this issue isn’t consistent but at least once a week I do not receive an incoming call (never the same person) and it will go to voicemail but I won’t even get the voicemail notification until almost 2 full days later! Any clue as to why and how to stop this? It’s been happening for over a month now as at first I just thought it was a fluke 

@LoreckAvery hello try a network reset also try airplane mode for a couple of minutes then restart phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery wrote:

Make sure your phone's updates are current.

Are you in an "fringe reception" area ?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.