cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

RJR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tonight, I am able not able to receive calls or texts on my phone.  My wife is able to receive texts and calls from me, but her outgoing calls to me do not register on my phone.  Anyone else having this situation tonight?

69 REPLIES 69

RJR

As of yesterday, phone working well while set to lte...auto switch to 3g for receiving calls or placing calls, as is normal.  Tech support got involved.  Perhaps original problem had to do with a specific switch.  Thanks to everyone for your input.  

RJR

You are having the same problem?  I have just left it on 3g setting until I hear further from Tech Support.

sdem247
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is working now, but was working this morning only to stop working again... will keep tabs on it to see if the issue persists before contacting CSA. 

@RJR  even the second phone trick didn't work?  

Since you already opened the ticket with PM, hope they can resolve it promptly.  Please also ask that what was the issue today.  So many users have the issue problem.

RJR

Same situation...not working lte either phone.  Tech Support is on it now via ticket from CS Agent.  Thanks again.

Esthero1969
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok will do! Thank you again 🙂

@sdem247   happening to many users today

please try below.  One of the tricks below should resolve the issue for you

Make sure your phone is getting the latest OS update as well as all apps are update to date via Google Play Store or Apple App Store

Then try this:

1. reboot phone

2. network reset of phone

3. Try to change the network to 3G Only

3. If you have a second phpnoe, try to put the SIM card in that other phone. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

If tried all these but still fails, you might need to contact Customer service agent (CSA) to see whether account provision issue.

@Esthero1969   you can even try LTE, from the report, the second phone trick should resolve the issue completely.  But.. you will tell us if that is the case.  thanks

RJR

Will do.  Thanks.

Esthero1969

Try going back to 3G and switching your SIM card to another phone and back again (see previous posts). Resolved my issues. 

sdem247
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also in Halifax NS, and had the exact same issue last night and into today. Every now and then a call will come through, but texts have been hours late to come through and most calls do not register on my phone. 

Esthero1969

The SIM card Switch worked for me, and  based on all the responses here I think I’ll leave it on 3G for the time being.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The day of the Telus outage I tried resetting the network settings and reinstalling the sim but those did not work. Only setting preferred network to 3G worked. I did switch back to LTE again that day, but then it did not work so I have left it on 3G since then. 

Edit: Did not try second phone trick.

@JK8   but it stop working about after you change back to LTE?

you tried the second phone trick?   

I think the problem has been there for over 2 weeks.. it quiet down a bit last week.. but since either the weekend or the Telus outage, it comes back again.. and last 2 days getting worse

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I had problems too right after the Telus outage earlier this week. Switching to 3G was the only thing that worked for me.

RJR

Thank you.  Discussing with CS Agent currently.

@Esthero1969   yes, not sure what happened.  But this has been an issue for a week, only happened to some users and not all.  Seems like last 2 days have more reported issues

Esthero1969

yes and yes. Also, found an old iPhone and was able to do the SIM card Switch and it worked (thank you). Very disconcerting that this happens though. My partner has a Samsung and is with PM and has not had the same issues I’ve had. Very weird.

@Esthero1969 wrote:

Dang. Will try to find another phone to try this.

Did you reboot your phone after each try?

1. Reset network settings and reboot.

2. Set preferred network to 3G and reboot.

3. Remove SIM card and put back in and reboot.

Is your self service account Active?

@Esthero1969 wrote:

Have you tried reseating the card?

Remove it from the phone, wait 30' and put it back in. 

Esthero1969

Esthero1969

Tried all steps except switching SIM card (don’t have another phone), but unfortunately has not fixed the issue. Thks for your help, hopefully PM will reach out soon.

Amazee

It works.  As Support suggested I put my SIM card in another phone, It rang.  I put the SIM card back in my phone and voila!  It works.  Thanks to everyone who helped.

@Esthero1969 wrote:

How do I change the network to 3G only? Can’t seem to find where to do that.

In your Call Settings.

Or dial *#*#4636#*#*

select Phone Information then Set preferred network type.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RJR wrote:

Tonight, I am able not able to receive calls or texts on my phone.  My wife is able to receive texts and calls from me, but her outgoing calls to me do not register on my phone.  Anyone else having this situation tonight?

I believe that it's a PM Network issue. Over the years I have learned to live with it. My routine is to re-boot the pone and hope for the best.

Hi @Esthero1969 , please try the steps above (in my earlier post).  Those are workaround that might be able to get you back soon .

Esthero1969

How do I change the network to 3G only? Can’t seem to find where to do that.

Esthero1969

I’m in Southern NB and just realized I have not been receiving calls or texts since yesterday. Have opened a ticket as well. 

@smfrz04   

Make sure your phone is getting the latest OS update as well as all apps are update to date via Google Play Store or Apple App Store

Then try this:

1. reboot phone

2. network reset of phone

3. Try to change the network to 3G Only

3. If you have a second phpnoe, try to put the SIM card in that other phone. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

Might need to contact Customer service agent (CSA) to see whether account provision issue.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@smfrz04 wrote:

I am in southeastern NB and also have a 2020 iPhone SE. Same issues and have tried everything, even manually selected public mobile under network selection doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Does it work on 3G for you?

Need Help? Let's chat.