cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

RJR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tonight, I am able not able to receive calls or texts on my phone.  My wife is able to receive texts and calls from me, but her outgoing calls to me do not register on my phone.  Anyone else having this situation tonight?

69 REPLIES 69

Amazee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for posting... I am glad I am not the lone person on the east coast having this issue.  

smfrz04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in southeastern NB and also have a 2020 iPhone SE. Same issues and have tried everything, even manually selected public mobile under network selection doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Amazee

Done.  Still not working.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Amazee wrote:

I have an iphone se 2020.  Its up to date.  I have a ticket in, and last night they told me they "refreshed" and for me to turn it off and on again, but it's still not working this morning.  I don't know really what to do now.  I really need incoming calls to work.

Have you done a Network settings reset?

Amazee

There was no "reply" button on the msg from Support.  I send them a private message and told them my phone still is not ringing, as I just sent the person another pm.

I had downloaded an app that gives you a 2nd number... and that number does ring on my phone.

vero_ninique

I'm in North East NB and I've had the same issues since yesterday morning (but only realized last night when sister reached out on FB messenger because I wasn't answering her texts). 

I have tried everything except SIM card switch on a 2nd phone. 

I turned off my phone for close to 2hrs and it seemed to work at first because I received all my texts from yesterday but after further testing new texts were not coming through. 

I then switched my phone on the 3G network and it seems to be working so far. 

hopefully the LTE network will come back. 

Thanks for all the posts on troubleshooting.

@Amazee   leave it at 3G Only for now.   also reply the message to PM and keep the ticket open and let them continue to troubleshoot

Amazee

I have an iphone se 2020.  Its up to date.  I have a ticket in, and last night they told me they "refreshed" and for me to turn it off and on again, but it's still not working this morning.  I don't know really what to do now.  I really need incoming calls to work.

@RJR   good that it is working on 3G only for now.  Please leave it like this and wait for PM's reply.  

RJR

This morning, with phone still not receiving calls, switched to 3g, and seems to be working normally, with voice and text.    Returned to lte setting, and only receives 1 or 2 calls/texts, then no more, so back to 3g.  Haven't heard from PM to Customer Service  yet.

@softech 

@softech wrote:

@Dunkman   is this the same issue from a week or two ago?  people suddenly lost incoming calls and text and need either a 2nd phone as a "help"  or PM to re-provision the account....

Might be.  Computergeek has let PM admin already know, but no response yet.  The previous issues was with LG G7 Thinq phone.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Unable-to-make-or-receive-calls/m-p/7...

Updating google app seemed to also work in that situation.  Factory reset also.  

@Dunkman   is this the same issue from a week or two ago?  people suddenly lost incoming calls and text and need either a 2nd phone as a "help"  or PM to re-provision the account....

@Amazee 

Which model phone do you have?

Maybe try system updatie of your phone.  

@Amazee    Since you don't have a second phone to test,  have you open a ticket with PM yet?

Amazee

I've been with PM for at least 2 years.

@Amazee   

are you newly activated with PM or you have been with PM for some time?

Amazee

I have tried the textme app and I can receive calls using the second phone number they provide for me.... but this morning I am still unable to receive calls using the public mobile carrier.  Any more suggestions? 

hello_everyone

if you guys don't have another phone to test calls from, I recommend using the textplus app, it gives you a free number to make calls from and it works over wifi. 

I had some issues in Toronto and used friends + that app to test calls to my number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RJR 

It sounds like a network issue in the Ontario area. Maybe try calling Telus in your area to see if they have any outages.

RJR

Thank you.  I have messaged Support.

RJR

Am in Ottawa.  I wonder if there might be a network difficulty.  My wife's phone is 3g only, and seems to be working normslly.

RJR

Done, thx.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@RJR wrote:

Thank you.  I just switched to 3g a few minutes ago.  Will test in morning.

Could you also reboot phone. Thanks.

RJR

Thank you.  I just switched to 3g a few minutes ago.  Will test in morning.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@RJR @Gyg 

Can you try this to see if it makes a difference. Can you set your preferred network to 3G on your phone and reboot and then have someone call you.

RJR

Haven't had any other calls today, if memory serves.  I made outgoing calls though.

Gyg

Same 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@RJR wrote:

I am not sure that I have actually messaged a support person.  2 or 3 members of community have responded.

• You can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

RJR

I am not sure that I have actually messaged a support person.  2 or 3 members of community have responded.

@Amazee  the trick might work without having to have the Support to reprovision your account on the backend.  But since your have a ticket opened with PM support and they are replying already, let they know and they can probably resolve it quickly

Let us know how it turns out.

Need Help? Let's chat.