cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting international SMS

sidheshdessai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not getting international SMS or OTP sent by my bank from my home country India. In my plan it says i have unlimited international messages.

Does public mobile has any plan or add on to receive incoming international messages ?

10 REPLIES 10

@sidheshdessai wrote:

Thanks for your reply... Yes i tried with data turned on but still not receiving. However in the View my Usage history i can see there are records for incoming text messages but i dont receive any messages on my phone.

Hi @sidheshdessai this is from Troubleshoot incoming text message problems from Telus 

support https://www.telus.com/en/qc/support/article/not-receiving-texts

Restart your device

Restarting your device, similarly to restarting a computer, helps clear minor glitches often resolving various issues.

Turn your phone off and on again then attempt to place a call.

If your device has a removable battery, remove the battery and put it back in before turning your phone on again.

Check your Blocked Number & Spam settings on your device

Spam Filters and Blocked Numbers may cause your device to not receive text messages from certain numbers. You can check blocked and spam settings by following the instructions below:

Common Android settings
  1. Go to the Messages App
  2. Select Menu
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Spam Settings

or

1. Go to the Messages App
  2. Select Menu (3 vertical dots)
  3. Select Blocked contacts
Apple
  1. Select Settings
  2. Select Phone
  3. Select Blocked

Clearing the messaging application memory

Some devices may encounter glitches due to a large history in the messaging application.

On Apple devices, deleting some messages and messaging conversations can help with some issues.

On Android, you can also clear the messaging application cache (usually found in Settings  Apps – select the messaging app and Clear Cache ).

I hope this helps.  Stay safe!

@sidheshdessai  Check the settings on your phone to make sure you are not filtering any messages. If your see the sms under your usage history then that would indicate the issue lies with your device.

@sidheshdessai wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Not just from bank but I am also not receiving international SMS from my friends outside canada. Also one more thing I can see the internation SMS records under view my usage.

Are they all using the same carrier? Texts from international phone numbers do work, so the two carriers have to work together to fix it.

sidheshdessai

Thanks for your reply... Yes i tried with data turned on but still not receiving. However in the View my Usage history i can see there are records for incoming text messages but i dont receive any messages on my phone.

sidheshdessai

Thanks for your reply.

Not just from bank but I am also not receiving international SMS from my friends outside canada. Also one more thing I can see the internation SMS records under view my usage.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sidheshdessai I'm pretty sure public mobile doesn't accept short code texts from India bank

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sidheshdessai wrote:

I am not getting international SMS or OTP sent by my bank from my home country India. In my plan it says i have unlimited international messages.

Does public mobile has any plan or add on to receive incoming international messages ?

@sidheshdessai   You shouldn't need data on to send or receive texts unless its MMS, but as suggested already it's more likely that PM doesn't support the short codes sent by some international banks. 

You can contact moderators by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen or the envelope icon top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask them if PM supports the relevant short code.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sidheshdessai  You should be able to receive any international sms with any PM plan. Public does not block any sms maybe check with your bank to make sure the support international numbers.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@sidheshdessai This is an issue I have seen a few times on these forums. I'm not sure there is an answer. This is an older thread that shows what short codes are supported:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

Or read this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Short-Code-not-included-on-List-What-ca...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sidheshdessai...

is Data turned ON on your phone. You should be able to receive and send international tm's.

Need Help? Let's chat.