cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send to or receive text messages from certain friends

Ve4kmm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my son’s number over to PM a couple of weeks ago. It was brought to my attention however that he is not able to send to or receive text messages from certain friends.

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Ve4kmm

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.  It was a porting issue and has now been corrected.

@Ve4kmm 

you can call the porting team to investigate the issue
1x

Ve4kmm

I still have the SIM card.  We will try that and go from there.  Thank you for your suggestions.  I will let you know what the outcome is.

HI @Ve4kmm ,

Oh, are there any call forwarding features turned on?

Try one or more of the below trouble shooting:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Then try calling him again.

*also try his SIM inside another compatible phone and do calling and texting back and forth to test, to rule out his phone.

If issues still persist check the account with the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Ve4kmm 

@Ve4kmm wrote:

He just informed me that he can make phone calls but cannot received any.  I just tried calling him and it goes straight to voicemail.  Maybe a porting issue?

lIkely porting issue.  If porting issue, he can't receive texts or phone calls.  However, he should be able to send texts though.  

Which company did he port from?  If you have the SIM card, you can try it in the phone.  The old carrier SiM card should still be working. 

Ve4kmm

He just informed me that he can make phone calls but cannot received any.  I just tried calling him and it goes straight to voicemail.  Maybe a porting issue?

@Ve4kmm wrote:

My son has Android.  He doesn’t know what his friend uses.

For Android - Disable your Chat Features:  (this works well in wifi areas, but not great outside of wifi areas, with data off)

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ve4kmm wrote:

I ported my son’s number over to PM a couple of weeks ago. It was brought to my attention however that he is not able to send to or receive text messages from certain friends.

Any ideas?

@Ve4kmm ,

Ensure:

*SMS is enabled

*MMS is enabled

*iMessage is enable

Then again, what are the friends phones setting set to. That could be an issue as well.

Ve4kmm

My son has Android.  He doesn’t know what his friend uses.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ve4kmm What device does he and his friends use? If iPhone, check if iMessage is enabled. 

Need Help? Let's chat.