cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send or receive phone calls OR contact support

homeshwar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I recently switched to PM from Wind (Freedom Mobile). I am able to access the data network, send and receive text messages, however for the life of my I can't figure out why my phone (Samsung galaxy s6) is unable to send or receive phone calls. I messaged one of the mods here yesterday (@saray_O), and she noted that my account was successfully ported over. I have tried rebooting/powering on/off my cell phone, as well as re-inserting my SIM but no luck.

ALSO! Especially unfortunate is the fact that when I try to submit a help ticket, when I enter my e-mail and submit it says " Your email does not match ". My email does not match what, PM? And it's the same email I have on my PM profile account.

If anyone has experienced similar issues, or has any other solutions ideas please let me know!

Thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Please let us know if you still require help!
This conversation thread will be closed within 24h.

Our favourite chatbot SIMon is available 24/7 to answer your questions.

https://bit.ly/2HK8Bnb

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey Linonly1,

Tony from the moderator team here, can you please tell us the number that you tried porting, along with the original provider's name and account number?

As well, for assisting with the port request, we will need to verify your Public Mobile account.

Please access this link: https://bit.ly/2V5lkXo and follow the verification steps.

Thank you. I am waiting for your reply 🙂

Tony

Linonly1

I can’t receive calls but I get text messages and I can make calls.

Linonly1

I can receive text messages but I can not receive calls

amarwah

@dearmusic@homeshwar :- I have Huawei Honor 7x and I'm facing the same issue. Can you please suggest a solution for the same.

BDraper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have this same issue with Freedom. I cannot get my phone calls to work. I have tried the *#2262# and set it to every different setting. Is there anything else I can do.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@homeshwar I'm so glad to hear this is resolved!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

@dearmusic awesome assistance, thank you so much 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I am glad that your issue was solved @homeshwar

Have a great day

homeshwar

@dearmusic

Thanks for the helpful info, and you were spot on the your previous post as to what the issue may be!

I just set it to #6 LTE/WCDMA Auto, and it holds the LTE and drops to 3g when I make a call (and I can finally make calls again!)

Thanks again for all your help and to everyone who provided useful suggestions! ( @ShawnC13 @zhadj030)

homeshwar

UPDATE (detailed in case others have the same issues):

So I just remembered that as soon as I activated my phone (Samsung Galaxy s6 from Freedom/Wind) that it connected to the 3G network, and I was reading a previous post where someone mentioned you can go to the phone settings and change the band to select the LTE network I believe it was @PhoneSeeker
They suggested dialing *#2263#. 

When I did that, I selected: Band Selection --> LTE --> All LTE Bands. So this ended up working for me, but it was after this point that my phone would no longer make or recieve calls.

I just dialed in *#2263# again; but this time I selected: [1] Band Selection --> [1] Automatic --> [0] Automatic [*] and a bunch of LTE bands came up (1-9 and A-H) I didn't select any of those and just went back to the home screen. I can now make/recieve phone calls, but my phone is connecting to only the 3G network again. 

Does anyone know which specific LTE/4G band I should be choosing so I won't loose call features on my phone?

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@homeshwar wrote:

The phone cuts out before I can make any calls; even voicemail. as soon as I press the call button it immediately ends the call. It doesn't seem to be struggling to find the network and dropping the call, but rather immediately ending the call (if that makes any sense)

What sounds like is happening is that...

Public Mobile uses LTE for data, and when you are trying to make a call, it fall back to H+ or 3G to make calls, and your phone is not allowing that fall back to happen.

Yout phone, Samsung galaxy s6, difinitely supports 850MHz/1900MHz bands, but maybe in your setting you forced it to never get off from LTE.

Try going to "Mobile network settings" and check "Preferred network type" and see what setting is it at.

If this is not the problem then I don't know...

homeshwar

Our of curiosity what is your network connection type. Are you on LTE only or GSM/WCDMA/LTE.
Did you do any recent updates, or changes in your phone.
Check your account to see that calls are indeed in your plan.
Tryvcalling your voicemail and see what happen
Maybe other members of the community can help once they join.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not well versed on the technicalities of my phone but with respect to network connection type my phone says (via the settings menu) it's :WCDMA/GSM; and my phone is displaying LTE+ on the home screen. 

-No recent updates or changes to my phne; 

Account says calls are included

The phone cuts out before I can make any calls; even voicemail. as soon as I press the call button it immediately ends the call. It doesn't seem to be struggling to find the network and dropping the call, but rather immediately ending the call (if that makes any sense)

homeshwar

Yep it's the same email address

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There have been many other situations just like this posted on here this morning.  I know it doesn't help but I am wondering if it is a network issue for a certain area.  I know the others were saying they now were able to make and receive calls.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@homeshwar wrote:

when I try to submit a help ticket, when I enter my e-mail and submit it says " Your email does not match ".

Just wondering if your SIM activation email address is the same as your current PM self-serve email address?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Our of curiosity what is your network connection type. Are you on LTE only or GSM/WCDMA/LTE.
Did you do any recent updates, or changes in your phone.
Check your account to see that calls are indeed in your plan.
Tryvcalling your voicemail and see what happen
Maybe other members of the community can help once they join.
Need Help? Let's chat.