cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make local calls all of a sudden?

007derek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello , My phone started giving me a message "Sorry , we cannot complete your call , you do not have a active long distance addon, and this call is not covered by your plan,get an addon by dialing *611.

Im calling local 100% for sure , and was working fine same number last week. I bought a new sim card to see if that was a issue and same message with new sim. Checked Autopay is taking money as per usual....I have changed nothing in over a year.....

I can send Texts but that's it. when the number is called it goes straight to voicemail

Any ideas what the heck is going on?

7 REPLIES 7

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You only see the summary as a number while there are still minutes or texts left on your account.  Once they are used up, the line disappears from the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@007derek wrote:

where can I find a summary of minutes used in a pay period?

Click on View my usage.

Setting up and checking voicemail uses minutes.

Were you not around last Xmas when they gave away some data and 400 minutes? That 400 minutes would have been useful to you as well as it includes calling Canada-wide like the 50 minutes.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@007derek You ran out of mins. Buy a 5$ addon with 500 mins, and you can call again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@007derek wrote:

Im on the old 10$ a month , there is only a text message line indicating ive used 15/50 outgoing texts

Then there you go...you've used the 50 minutes of the plan.

The $5 500 minute add-on is a terrific add-on for that limited minutes plan.

007derek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im on the old 10$ a month , there is only a text message line indicating ive used 15/50 outgoing texts

50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts 15  /  50 Unit

where can I find a summary of minutes used in a pay period?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@007derek wrote:

Hello , My phone started giving me a message "Sorry , we cannot complete your call , you do not have a active long distance addon, and this call is not covered by your plan,get an addon by dialing *611.

Im calling local 100% for sure , and was working fine same number last week. I bought a new sim card to see if that was a issue and same message with new sim. Checked Autopay is taking money as per usual....I have changed nothing in over a year.....

I can send Texts but that's it. when the number is called it goes straight to voicemail

If you're on the old $10 or the current $15 plan then you should check your overview page to see if the limited minutes line shows in your data & add-ons area.

Edit: Wait..."goes straight to voicemail"? Perhaps it's a problem with the other end.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@007derek wrote:

What plan are you on?  If you are a limited minute plan could you have used up all of your minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.