cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving any text messages...

ShaunVancouver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I recently made the switch to Public mobile on my work phone but I'm starting to regret this decision, the prices are great and I assume the service would be at least somewhat dependable but this has not been the case. As of today (as far as I know it may have been for even longer) I'm not receiving any text messages, I am able to send texts but not receiving any(I tested this out by using another phone to send/receive on my public mobile number) can someone help me with this sitauation, I really need my phone to be working for my job.

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashishg1 wrote:

fyi Moderator fixed it about 30 seconds after they replied. So its something on PM end and i dont think can be fixed without contacting them. I tried everything.

@ashishg1 gald to hear it.  Yes they are well-aware of the issue.  What happens is that the add-on expires, but does not immediately remove itself from your account.  Approx 12-24 hours later, a separate process runs and removes the expired add-on.  During that window between expiry and removal, the system is unable to deliver you any incomings SMS messages (though, interestingly, MMS messages still come through fine).  What they did on their side was to manually remove the expired add-on.  It would have happened eventually on its own, but reaching out to them can expedite it, depending on how busy they are at the time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ashishg1

fyi Moderator fixed it about 30 seconds after they replied. So its something on PM end and i dont think can be fixed without contacting them. I tried everything.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is an obvious issue with texts not working after using a roaming plan. PM has tried to rectify this issue but it remains. It takes about a day for texting to return to normal. If it persists, contact a mediator by clicking question mark, bottom right, and follow instructions.

ShaunVancouver

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys but I think I'm done with this company, I'll give the moderators another hour to fix this but this experience has left a really bad taste in my mouth. This might be fine for someone who doesn't use their phone much but for business professionals this is a nightmare, I'm definitely going to lose some clients over this, serves me right for trying to save a few bucks with cheap phone service 😞

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

Removed sim and restarted phone (for the 3rd time today) still no incoming texts. I opened ticket with moderator but no answer yet

The US Roaming add-on can be a major pain in the butt, fer sure. Try this...log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen tab. Click Suspend Service, then log out for a minute. log back in and repeat steps, only this time Resume Service, then log out and cycle phone off / on again.

Anything ?

@ShaunVancouver  I would not recommend doing that because there is a good chance your rewards will get messed up. The moderators should be able to fix just need to be patient.

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

Removed sim and restarted phone (for the 3rd time today) still no incoming texts. I opened ticket with moderator but no answer yet

The US Roaming add-on can be a major pain in the butt, fer sure. Try this...log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen tab. Click Suspend Service, then log out for a minute. log back in and repeat steps, only this time Resume Service, then log out and cycle phone off / on again.

Anything ?

ShaunVancouver

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

US Roaming plan should've expired 5 days ago, and my phone seemed to working again once I was back in Canada. No idea why incoming texts have randomly stopped working today. Such a pain in ass having to deal with this espcially since I have clients who have been trying to get ahold of me, I just hope those missed texts come through eventually 😕

@ShaunVancouver... If you have a phone with dual sim slots...remove sim from slot 1 and try it in slot 2. Restart phone. Let us know if anything helps.

ShaunVancouver

US Roaming plan should've expired 5 days ago, and my phone seemed to working again once I was back in Canada. No idea why incoming texts have randomly stopped working today. Such a pain in ass having to deal with this espcially since I have clients who have been trying to get ahold of me, I just hope those missed texts come through eventually 😕

@ShaunVancouver  If the US roaming add-on did not work for you let the moderators know and ask for a refund.

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

I ported this number in over a month ago and it seemed to be working fine (calls and texts both sending and receiving were fine) then I took a trip to the US and added the US roaming plan (which didn't work) now I'm back in Canada and my phone seemed to work for a few days but now is not receiving texts, doesn't make any sense. I'll try to open a ticket with a moderator I guess, thx

@ShaunVancouver...the 10 Day US Roaming add-on can upset your domestic text plan once the 10 days has passed. It will usually self correct after 10 days + 24 hours.

If it just expired today, try cycling phone off / on throught the day. Worst case..it should be ok tomorrow, but send a messgage to moderators, making them aware of the problem. Let them know you had the roaing add-on until recently.

ShaunVancouver

Yes I am able to receive calls, this is so weird I've never encountered this before with any phone or any other carrier. Incoming and outgoing calls are fine, outgoing texts are fine, incoming texts don't work. I'm very confused.

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

I ported this number in over a month ago and it seemed to be working fine (calls and texts both sending and receiving were fine) then I took a trip to the US and added the US roaming plan (which didn't work) now I'm back in Canada and my phone seemed to work for a few days but now is not receiving texts, doesn't make any sense. I'll try to open a ticket with a moderator I guess, thx

@ShaunVancouver  That is a known issue when using a US roaming addon. The problem ususally fixes itself within 24 hours. Some customer are reporting that it's taking longer lately. Another user recently reported that by turning roaming on and restarting his phone he was able to receive texts again. If it's still a problem best to contact the moderators and ask them to reset your account by doing the following:

st5.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

Hi I recently made the switch to Public mobile on my work phone but I'm starting to regret this decision, the prices are great and I assume the service would be at least somewhat dependable but this has not been the case. As of today (as far as I know it may have been for even longer) I'm not receiving any text messages, I am able to send texts but not receiving any(I tested this out by using another phone to send/receive on my public mobile number) can someone help me with this sitauation, I really need my phone to be working for my job.

@ShaunVancouver  Are you able to receive calls? If yes, then it's not a port issue. 

ShaunVancouver

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

That is strange. Your account active, right? Then, you can click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator may help you with your case.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ShaunVancouver wrote:

Did you port in when you activated? This sounds like a stuck port.  Have you checked yoru old sim as it is probably still functioning fully and you wouldn't miss calls or texts.  Who was you rprevious provider?  You will need a moderator to assit in clearing this up.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.