cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Calls

mrhow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both my wife and I are not able to receive calls. Have been with PM for 3+ years. Separate plans that are not connected.

I can make calls to all numbers I’ve tried, except my dad who is also with PM. No issue calling my mom though who is also with PM.

I’ve tried calling myself from multiple landlines and it does not ring and goes straight to voicemail after 5-10 seconds.

Tried:

- toggling airplane mode on/off for a few seconds

- turning phones on and off

Can’t imagine this is a hardware issue impacting multiple different generation iPhones simultaneously.

Is this related to the Telus network issue earlier and how can I resolve it? Any help appreciated!

17 REPLIES 17

@James-george 

You can purchase a voucher and call 611 to make a payment or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

@James-george wrote:

I need to make a payment and I can’t access the system 

@James-george 

You should open a new thread with your issue instead of tagging on an old and unrelated thread. That would make it easier for people to help you.

That being said, what is exactly your problem?

You can't log in to the account? Forgot your email ? Forgot password? **

Do you have a credit card registered? In that case you can call 611 and make a payment IF you remember your account PIN.

Without PIN, you can pay with a voucher by dialing 611 on your phone.

**Note: If you have forgotten all your credentials and the "Forgot password" feature didn't help, you'll need assistance from CS via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html or

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

James-george

I need to make a payment and I can’t access the system 

@naddude 

Ok a couple more things to try....reset your network settings. I will have to look it up for an iPhone as I'm an Android user. Do you have access to another phone to test your SIM card in?

naddude
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

random incoming calls and text messages, iphone 12pro, turned off and on phone, airplane mode, removed and cleaned simm card.

@naddude 

There seems to be a few issues affecting customer service. After you send a follow up message can you give us a few specifics? Is it just incoming calling affected? What troubleshooting have you done? Phone brand and model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@naddude 

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@naddude  did you open ticket via Chatbot/SIMON?

maybe also try to message them directly and specify that you did open a ticket yesterday for almost 24 hours

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

naddude
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I still have this problem. I messaged PM CS yesterday at 1:00 PM PST and NO RESPONSE. What happened to CS at PM?????

mrhow

Tried swapping sims with no luck. Based on responses to the Telus support Twitter handle seems like this is a ongoing issue for BC residents even though Public Mobile’s Twitter accounts claims they pushed out an update this evening.

Will check back in the morning for updates but not ideal as I’m supposed to be on call for work and am now un-reachable.

@mrhow wrote:

Outgoing calls (except to my wife and dad) and data are both working fine.

Many had that issue last week.  Some have success with this fix

Power off your machine and wait 5 mins

try to put your SIM on another phone (in this case, you can use your wife..)  and then see if you are receiving the calls.  

If it works, power off the phone with the SIM on the test phone first.  Wait another 5 mins before putting the SIM back to the original phone.    Then see if it works on the original phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrhow 

check it out is issue Towers Map in your area...outages Here link, 

something maybe is help, do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

for i know the fix it ,,,but maybe the network is still have a issue.....

mrhow

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. No luck so far will contact support.

Yes in BC. Have rebooted and tried re-seating SIM. Reset the network setting. Do not disturb not on. Outgoing calls (except to my wife and dad) and data are both working fine.

Seems like a cellular network issue but don’t understand this stuff well enough to know why outgoing seems to be fine but we are not able to receive them.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mrhow how about outgoing calls?  and data?

have you try reboot your phone yet?  Try to turn off your phone for 5 minutes before starting it up again and see how it goes

BTW,  are you in BC or AB?

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's nothing wrong with your phone. There have been problems with the network the whole day.  This morning my phone was pinging like crazy.  This evening I can receive texts and calls but I cannot send text or make calls.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mrhow ,

So that is weird that both of you are having the same issue.

Were you in the BC / AB area with outages today?

Try a RESET of the NETWORK SETTINGS on both phones, does that help ?

Can you check to make sure your Do Not Disturb has not been accidentally turned on?

Also, maybe try either of your SIMs into another phone and see if calls work then,

IF still issues after more trouble shooting ask CSA to check things.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrhow 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.