Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Any Data??

Cynthia_S
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

A very Merry Christmas to everybody. I just have a question here:

I have not been receiving any data whenever I am outside of my home and far from my wifi lately. I have subscribe to an autopay, so I know that I will be receiving my monthly alloted data. 

Has this ever happened to anyone here? What did you do about it? 

I would appreciate any reply. Keep safe all

-Cynthia

8 REPLIES 8

cynthia_sahagun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I got the problem solved. Sorry for not replying sooner. I just changed the Network Mode from: 3G/2G (auto connect) to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)  . Have a great day everyone!  🙂 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Tap - settings - network and internet - mobile network - advanced ( scroll down to ) - access point names
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

@Cynthia_S @

Can you send and recieve MMS (picture texts)? If not you need to reset your APN for you to connect to your mobile data.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Also login to self-serve and confirm you haven't actually used up all of your data for the current 30 day period?

If that happens, data will cease to work at all with PM unless you explicitly purchase an add-on...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cynthia_sahagun wrote:

Yes I did. I even turned off the Wifi ,then turned on the "Mobile Data" to test if I will receive any Data. I will try to check again.  🙂 

Then review the post from computergeek541. APN.

What OS are you running? Android 10? Android 8.1?

cynthia_sahagun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I did. I even turned off the Wifi ,then turned on the "Mobile Data" to test if I will receive any Data. I will try to check again.  🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cynthia_S wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have not been receiving any data whenever I am outside of my home and far from my wifi lately. I have subscribe to an autopay, so I know that I will be receiving my monthly alloted data. 

Has this ever happened to anyone here? What did you do about it? 

-Cynthia

Just suggesting the obvious...have you turned on mobile/cellular data? If you're familiar with wifi then you need to turn on the other data option to connect to the internet when away from any wifi.

@Cynthia_S wrote:

Hi everyone,

Has this ever happened to anyond here? What did you do about it? 

-Cynthia

How long ago did you sign up, and has cellular data ever worked? If not, the most likely cause is the APN settings not being set correctly on the device.

Here's a good starting point:  Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

On some Andrroid devices, you'll also need to set the APN type as:

default,mms

Need Help? Let's chat.