cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Flavio_d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, i tried to reach out directly earlier today with no response, and just now i submitted a ticket with the bot but was greeted with a 48h time frame for a response but since I'm without service i hope that someone would help me sooner!

17 REPLIES 17

Flavio_d

@gpixel  luckily, i am old school and I don't link my cell to anything also my 2 step authentication is one email just for that purpose, I don't have a safe doh 😜

@Flavio_d if it's convenient for you, it's convenient for them... save your passwords in a notebook or notepad and keep it in a safe.

• don't save your passwords in your browser, don't use 2fa apps and don't use password managers
  • I would create an email just for public mobile
  • delete your credit card and purchase a vanilla prepaid card $25 and just register and keep it in there to qualify for the auto-pay reward. once registered the card doesn't need any balance
  • purchase vouchers as a top up method
  • don't use an email to login to your bank account

Flavio_d

Well there's not much more to do for now except keeping your password safe and change it regularly, also, do not use your cell number as a way to recover any password at all!

Flavio_d

Hey i just to say thanks for your support, i asked what could be done to prevent this and I'll update you when i have an answer! 

@Flavio_d Somebody switched it. Change password and security question now. Don't wait.

Flavio_d

@Jb456 the numbers don't match!

@Flavio_d change all your passwords and put your service in lost/stolen mode

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Flavio_d log back into your account and click change sim card.

Green arrow on picture.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you the last 4 digits of the sim card registered to your account.

Then take out sim card out of your phone and see if they match. If they don't match chances are you been a victim of sim jacking and you should immediately start changing any passwords that were connected to your phone as well as taking a look at all banking information.

Flavio_d

Thanks 👍🏽

Flavio_d

Unfortunately i am aware, but failure of service should take priority! I'm just trying to not spend another day without service!

@Flavio_d wrote:

I did not post on the community but tried to reach moderator_team in dm, So the network doesn't even apear in search but im able to find all the rest (telus freedom rogrs bell), old account same phone that was working yesterday tried another public sim on said phone and works, my sim on another phone does not, 

Hi Flavio,

Okay, you did great testing on your end. It does sound like a SIM/account issue.

I am sure the moderators will connect with you soon. If it is over 24hours without hearing from them send them another ticket:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Flavio_d- Just as an FYI, even with a DM, the moderators will not respond immediately.  Your message still goes into the queue, and gets processed in the order received.

Flavio_d

Second thing i did after restarting, and the account says active.

Flavio_d

I did not post on the community but tried to reach moderator_team in dm, So the network doesn't even apear in search but im able to find all the rest (telus freedom rogrs bell), old account same phone that was working yesterday tried another public sim on said phone and works, my sim on another phone does not, 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Flavio_d wrote:

Hi, i tried to reach out directly earlier today with no response, and just now i submitted a ticket with the bot but was greeted with a 48h time frame for a response but since I'm without service i hope that someone would help me sooner!

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Does your self serve account say ACTIVE or something else?

Maybe check if there any outages in your area:

https://outage.report/ca/public-mobile

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Flavio_d check your community inbox periodically throughout the day. because you submitted a ticket through SIMon, you will most likely receive a response today. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Flavio_d ,

Did you post on the community earlier today?

What seems to be the problem you are having - no service, right? Meaning no ability to make any calls or texts or use internet...please provide details, maybe the Community can help.

Did you just port or is this a new no service issue? 

Need Help? Let's chat.