cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service?!

KristineCrowell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm in NB I woke up with no service, tried rebooting but still nothing, have had this service for over a year and plan didn't expire until the 25th,any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

mycellphone

Hi I am in Montreal and I no service. I have no land line and I am not able to call or receive calls...I am travelling today, i need access!! Urgent!!!  This could not have happened at the worst time!!!

KristineCrowell
It's not an outage just me I have a ticket open hopefully it won't be too long

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JaK do you know where that outage site gets its data?  Looking now, it shows basically all of Metro Vancouver being coloured yellow, but yet I've seen nothing wrong with my service.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

KristineCrowell
When I got up at 2 pm today no service still no service but telus does say an outage however I know people who have telus and their phones are working, I wasn't able to find anything specific to PM so hopefully it will be working soon

karinegarceau

I am in Montreal and since 6pm its doing the exact same thing.. no reseau .. not connected .. not on record, etc.. i do restart my phone everytime and its working for a short while..

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're welcome, but remember this is just the likely cause, it could still be something else. Let's us know if you are still having issues tomorrow (as most outage issues shouldn't take that long).

KristineCrowell
Yes I'm in Moncton I'm glad that's all it is thanks guys!

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The outage map at http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map/ shows an outage in Moncton, is that were you are? Also, have you been just at 1 place, or are you getting no service everywhere, like both home and work (if so how far apart are they)?

Agree with @Korth, sounds likely just be a tower down temporarily.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Maybe a cellphone tower broke, a tree fell down, somebody accidentally cut a wire, somebody's computer crashed, some techs temporarily took hardware offline so they could "fix" or "upgrade" it.  Cellphone infrastructure generally offers only "three nines" (or worse!) reliable service uptime, y'know, it's exposed to the elements and not as cost-mission-critical as the tech at NASA or NORAD or hospitals or google.com, lol.

I'd say just wait a few hours, it might be interrupted service.

And find out if other people get PM or TELUS cellular service in the same area while you do not.  The outage may not specifically be isolated to you (and your account, your device, etc).

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @KristineCrowell,

That sounds quite odd!

I will look into this for your right away 🙂 I will be sending you a private message soon with more information regarding your situation.

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.