cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Samantha3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son has had his phone since December, out of no where it is showing there’s no service. Payment has been made, as we have never missed one. The SIM card has also been taken out and put back in as well as a reset of the phone. 

How am am I able to speak to an actual public mobile representative to fix this issue?

18 REPLIES 18

@cellphoneuser1 I know the OP isn't cancelling her contract or her service with bell but often the first thing to happen before cancellation occurs is the unlocking of their phone so asking for the phone to be unlocked just might trigger an unexpected better phone plan offer from Bell.

@darlicious wrote:

@Samantha3  For future trouble shooting issues why not get your phone unlocked ? It's free fast and won't affect your service. It might even scare bell into offering you a better plan.

That's the retention department if they offer better. They often do that if you talking about cancellation.

@Samantha3 wrote:

I have checked the online account, it states everything is in good standing.  Unfortunately I can’t check the SIM card because my phone is locked to bell. 

Thanks for sharing the moderators link, I have sent them a private message.

@Samantha3  For future trouble shooting issues why not get your phone unlocked ? It's free fast and won't affect your service. It might even scare bell into offering you a better plan.

@Matt65 

It might be easier to start your own thread to get more visibility on your issue.  

Which plan do you have?  In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  

You might want to try the lost/stolen phone trick to reset your SIM card.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator (PM employee) to help your account.  Click on the right lower corner question mark to start the ticketing process.  

Matt65

I’m having the exact same problem. I just switched to PM last month. My account is set up for automatic payments and is all paid up. Out of the blue my phone stopped working. After reading online I ordered a new SIM card and followed the activation instructions. No luck. There’s definitely nothing wrong with my phone as I tried swapping the old SIM card with my wife’s to troubleshoot...her card worked in either phone, mine worked in neither. Also my phone has been trouble-free for years. Now I’ve been without service for almost a week. I’ve paid for that week plus an additional SIM card ($11), plus I credited my account with an another $20 in an attempt to restart it. With no apparent solution I’m wondering how much longer I’ll be without service. Frustrating.

Wj67867
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried that. Public mobile is on the list 

MrElbe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I suggest drilling down in Settings of your phone to Network Providers and see if Public Mobile is listed. If none are listed, you are most likely in a dead area. Telus and Bell share cell towers.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hopefully you hear back from the mods soon.

Samantha3

There was a website to check if a phone has been blacklisted and it says it’s fine. I also tried the lost and found trick.

@Samantha3Unfortunately lack of tech support is how they manage to give users a few bucks off each month.. eg Chatr charges $5 / support call. If you need technical assistance from a phone company, I would recommend moving 1 tier up to Koodo, Fido or Virgin. Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus corporation, cater mainly for people who DIY.

However I would recommend you figure out whether if your son's phone got blacklisted or not. It could be a very simple solution, just walk into any cell phone store and borrow a SIM card.

Samantha3

I appreciate the tips, but I do find this rather ridiculous that I have to go threw all of these hoops to have a phone properly work.  I’m about to cancel my payments and sign him up to a legitamit provider. 

@Samantha3Try the Lost / Found trick or add $1 to your son's balance. Those are hail mary moves that sometimes reactivate your son's account. The other possibility is your son's phone could had been blacklisted by its previous carrier.. hence that's why I suggest you swap phones to make sure the SIM card is not at fault.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone.

Warning that your son could lose any rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samantha3 wrote:

I have checked the online account, it states everything is in good standing.  Unfortunately I can’t check the SIM card because my phone is locked to bell. 

Yes one would need an unlocked phone to test.

Check that the last 4 digits of the SIM match what it says in the self-serve Change SIM function.

Samantha3

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1. reboot the phone

2. go outside to a place with good reception

3. wait few minutes/hours

4. double check account balance

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you log into the self serve account what is the status ?

There is no call center to reach a moderator.  You would need to ,message them.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Samantha3The only way to reach someone official @ Public Mobile is via the Moderators with this link..however expect 48+ hours for a reply.

For quick diagnostic:

Are you able to access your son's online account? What does it say? Sometimes autopay fails.

Can you swap the SIM card into a known working phone to narrow down whether it is a phone problem or Public Mobile's service?

Need Help? Let's chat.