cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service!!

mycellphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently had a discussion about the fact that I have no service with Public Mobile: I was advised by a PM member that my phone device was flagged lost/stolen and to go back to the store where I purchased the iPhone 5S.

Well I did that and it turns out that APPLE has not blocked this device due to loss or theft nor has any other site we tried with the IMEI. The only company that has blocked my device  is Telus Canada and I want to know why???

36 REPLIES 36

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FukTelus5 I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Telus doesn't block any phones.  Even if your phone is locked to the Telus network (which they DO do, if you purchase a phone through Telus), it will work fine on the Public Mobile network without requiring to be unlocked. Are you saying it's blacklisted?

What phone are you using? 

You say it's brand new, where did you purchase it?

Why do you think it's blacklisted?

What happens when you try to use it?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Ok, so what's the problem?

FukTelus5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you work for Telus or something?  Were you not listening,the same just happened to me.  The phone is fine,brand new and only blocked by telus to hold their monopoly and violate compitition laws

imm1304

Welcome back, @srlawren!

I hope the genuiuses have solved the issues on @mycellphone's iPhone. 

srlawren

Wow @imm1304, awesome assistance.  I've been away from the community for a few days and just trying to catch up, so I haven't read every single post in this thread, but it looks like you did a great job helping @mycellphone troubleshoot this issue.  @mycellphone I hope the "genius" folk are able to help you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
This is very strange, good luck with everything

imm1304

You're welcome and good luck!

Good night

mycellphone

Great! I will definitely make an appointment and keep my fingers crossed that this can be fixed! Will keep you posted! Thank you and good night!

imm1304

You're quite welcome @mycellphone

If you want to make an appointment right now using your phone, here are the steps: 

1. Launch the Apple Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Tap on the Stores tab in the bottom navigation.
  3. It should find the closest store to you automatically. If it doesn't just search for it.
  4. Tap on Genius Bar.
  5. Select the device you're having problems with.
  6. Choose a time you'd like to make your appointment for and then tap Select Day & Time.
  7. Look over your reservation and make sure everything looks right. You can tap on How can we help you? and add notes for the Genius ahead of time if you'd like. Otherwise just tap on Book Reservation.
  8. Log in with your Apple ID on the next screen to proceed. For most people, this is the same login you use to purchase things from iTunes and in the App Store.
  9. Choose whether or not you'd like to add your appoint to your calendar.
  10. That's all there is to it! You should now see a My Reservations section on the store page. You can go there to view, change, or cancel your appointment any time you'd like.

mycellphone

Thank you everyone for your help, patience and input on this whole mess of mine!! 🙂

mycellphone

I guess going to an Apple Store is my next step.... Not Telus, not where I bought the phone from (I was so rude to this poor guy since I was advised the phone was flagged)...

imm1304

Well tonight, we are trying our best to get to the bottom of this @mycellphone  🙂

So you have several months of warranty left on this phone.  Schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple store and see if they are able to fix this for free. 

mycellphone

I have not contacted anyone yet, because I was told on Tuesday by PM member that my phone was flagged. I have been running around in circles with all the info thrown my way. 

mycellphone

March 3 Rd 2017 is the date

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mycellphone

It could be refurbished phone. Some companies sell refurbished phone in packaging which looks like its brand new. Though it usually happens on ebay/online sites.

Have you tried contacting Apple directly and asking them the status of the phone ?

imm1304

Ok then, since you say its not blacklisted or icloud locked, its settled that the problem is in your iPhone. 

Since you bought it brand new just few months ago, you should have warranty on it.

Go to this link and enter your imei number to check your warranty coverage from apple:  https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ca/en/

mycellphone

I tried my SIM card with my sisters unlocked Samsung and it worked... I tried this yesterday.

mycellphone

Correct, as per your last response!

imm1304

So, to recap, you bought a Telus locked iPhone 5S in May from a retail store. 

You used this phone with your new PM account after you left Fido.  This phone worked as expected for 2-3 months on public mobile network.  And now suddenly its saying "No service".  Your PM sim card works when you try with another phone. 

mycellphone

This phone I purchased is not unlocked: it works with Telus-Koodo and PM. 

imm1304

That doesn't get me to any link where it tells me who has blocked my phone right now.

You don't have to wait for a Telus or Koodo sim, test with your husband or son's sim card.  If the phone is working fine, it will get service. 

mycellphone

Even the free iPhone IMEI checker came up as CLEAN under the blacklist status... It even pin pointed the Serial number of the phone and green light everywhere.

mycellphone

The link is called: Free check Blacklist Mobile by IMEI/ESN/MEID: it checks US carriers, Canada Sweden and Japan. Give it a try. My husband and son are with Rogers and Fido. I have to wait and find someone with Koodo Or Telus to check the SIM.

imm1304

easiest way to pin-point the problem to PM in this case would be to try a different sim card.  If any friends or family can let you borrow their sim card for few minutes, you can test it out.. if you get service using their sim card, then its something wrong at PM's end. 

I am curious, where did you learn that Telus has blocked your phone?  I wanna go read up on that site as well if you give me the link.

imm1304

You didn't mention that you had been using the phone for months.

It sounded very much like you bought a phone and now you have no service and you learned that its blacklisted. 

Your phone can be either iCloud locked, IMEI Blacklisted, or Network locked.

You verified that its NOT iCloud/activation locked.  You also claiming that its NOT on the Canadian blacklist?   Telus locked phones work without unlocking on PM, so a Telus network locked phone should have service using a PM sim. 

Now I am not sure what it is thats preventing service on your phone.  I was convinced that your iPhone is on the blacklist from the previous thread of yours.

mycellphone

And also says that it is not on the National Black list....

mycellphone

Just checked this site again, like I did earlier entered my IMEI and it says that my phone has NOT been reported lost or stolen!! Any other sites I can check?

mycellphone

It's funny how it got blacklisted recently, when I bought it in May and was using it until now. Meanwhile when I purchased the phone I was not alone in checking if the phone was blacklisted; it was not!! It's not the retailer that told me that it was Telus blocking it. I found proof myself before visiting the store today. There are many sites available for consumers to do that. I checked a few sites and Apple says it's clear, Canada National says it's clear; but a Global site says Telus Canada has blocked it. This phone was working for months before this happened.....

imm1304

Brand new phones are theoretically impossible to be on the blacklist.  Someone has to have used your phone.. so this is further proof that the retailer is not honest with you. 

There is 99.99% chance that the retail store sold you a used and blacklisted phone and lied about it.  Only 0.001% chance that this is actually a genuine mistake. 

You should either get this phone exchanged for another iphone 5s or you should call Telus and find out why a phone you bought from a store is blacklisted and ask them to remove it from the blacklist. 

If I were you, I wouldn't take the extra headache of calling Telus and convincing them that you are not using a stolen device and have actually paid for it and send them proof of purchase.. at the end they may still refuse to remove it from the blacklist.  I would go back to the store and exchange for another phone, make sure to put your sim card in and verify that its working before you leave the store.  Or, get a refund on your phone. 

imm1304

@mycellphone, the retail store owner has sold you a blacklisted phone.  Thats very dishonest of him. He is not actually helping you at all by telling you that Telus blacklisted it.

Demand an exchange.  Telus didn't magically just place a phone on a blacklist.  It must have been reported lost or stolen or belonged to a delinquent account that owes Telus money. 

In any case, a retail store should not be selling you blacklisted phones, its very dishonest and unethical.  Once a phone is on the blacklist, no carriers in North America will let you use it to get any service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.