cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service!!

mycellphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently had a discussion about the fact that I have no service with Public Mobile: I was advised by a PM member that my phone device was flagged lost/stolen and to go back to the store where I purchased the iPhone 5S.

Well I did that and it turns out that APPLE has not blocked this device due to loss or theft nor has any other site we tried with the IMEI. The only company that has blocked my device  is Telus Canada and I want to know why???

36 REPLIES 36

mycellphone

The phone was brand new... I was never with Telus, I was with Fido and I cancelled my contract with them. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Telus is the parent company of PM.  However, PM operates independently and doesn't communicate on behalf of Telus. 

As @McLaren said above, you have to call Telus or walk into one of their stores and sort it out if you bought this phone from Telus. 

Public Mobile wouldn't have placed your phone on the blacklist because for PM to do that, you would have to report it lost or stolen first.  You can't possibly have billing dispute with PM either since PM is prepaid and doesn't sell phones on contract.. so basically, PM looks to be far removed from this issue. 

mycellphone

It was not a Telus store; it was a retailer that sold Apple and other unlocked devices; I was there today and the man was more that willing to help! It's Telus Canada that's blocking!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @mycellphone,

If I remember correctly, your phone's IMEI number was found to be blacklisted.  Blacklist is a database of IMEI (serial) numbers of phones reported lost or stolen.

You learned that Telus has blacklisted your iPhone. Thats not surprising, because only the wireless carriers can add a phone to the blacklist database. 

You can also check this for yourself by entering your iphone's IMEI number on this page:  http://www.protectyourdata.ca/en/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/

Did you buy this phone used?  If yes, a dishonest seller may have sold you a blacklisted phone.

If you were previously with Telus and got the phone on contract, some carriers are known to place the subsidised phone on the blacklist if contract is broken and device subisdy is not repaid. 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you purchase it directly from Telus?  Do you have a receipt?   You probably have to go to a Telus store or call them to check, i doubt PM will have authority to override the IMEI blacklist

mycellphone

I would like someone from Telus, who owns PM to investigate further instead of leaving me hanging like this. It would be greatly appreciated:) 

Need Help? Let's chat.