cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Rosebella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I need help because I can't make or receive calls. I only have my service few days ago it's not billing cycle yet. I wish I could talk to a customer service and I am so disappointed this service is not reliable. My sister also have a problem make long distain calls. She has $40 plan and can't make calls from Toronto to Montreal. How come it says the 40 plan is unlimited but she can't call to Quebec ?

14 REPLIES 14

Yes regular reboot is good.  Some phones have option for schedule daily reboot.  🙂

@Rosebella...

maybe get into the habit of restarting your phone once a week or so. (I shut mine off every night...but that's probably not necessary)  😎

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Rosebella

ok, I will tell her that and I think that may be the answer to her problem

Thank you so much

Rosebella

I have $35 plan which is unlimited Canada wide and now everything is working after restarting my phone. I never put my phone on airplane mode and I have the service 2 weeks ago 

@Rosebella 

Great. Reboot your phone on a regular basis to avoid little glitches like you experienced. Keep @Spudster 's list handy when you have problems with your phone so you can troubleshoot your way out of most issues.

Rosebella

Everything is working right now after rebooting and thanks

Rosebella

Thank you for your support my phone is now working after rebooting. 

I will suggest my sister to put 1 before the 10 digit 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Rosebella wrote:

Hello, I need help because I can't make or receive calls. I only have my service few days ago it's not billing cycle yet. I wish I could talk to a customer service and I am so disappointed this service is not reliable. My sister also have a problem make long distain calls. She has $40 plan and can't make calls from Toronto to Montreal. How come it says the 40 plan is unlimited but she can't call to Quebec ?

Tell your sis to ignore the message that "long distance charges may apply". There are no long distance charges with your Public Mobile account. Tell her to dial 1 before area code, as suggested already by @softech  et al.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rosebella  What is make/model of your phone? If it does not support the 850/1900 frequencies on 3G network calling will not work. 

@Rosebella 

What plan are you on? The $15? It has only 100 outgoing minutes. Check your account to see if you have used them all up. If so add $5 to your account first then purchase the $5/500 min canada wide calling add on. This is a one time purchase that will supplement your plan when you exceed your plan's 100 outgoing minutes. It will will roll over each 30 days until completely depleted.

Is your sister on the briefly offered $40 provincial only calling plan? If so have her schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $40 canada wide calling plan.

Do your calls connect after hearing the message? Add (1) to the beginning of the phone number you are calling to avoid hearing this message.

Edit: Oops misread some of your info....if you cannot send or recieve calls then it sounds like your sim card did not provision properly. If troubleshooting the suggestions above by @Spudster  does not fix it then contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type in cannot send or recieve calls and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Spudster

@Rosebella 

Try this step-by-step troubleshooting:

1. Toggle airplane mode off.
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars.
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active".
  4. Make sure the device is not locked to a different carrier.
  5. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.
  6. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  7. Set network mode to Auto.
  8. Reset network settings.
  9. Update device software to latest version.
  10. Perform a manual network selection.
  11. Check that SIM card number matches the SIM card number in your phone.  This requires Moderator assistance to confirm SIM# registered to account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rosebella 

You may wish to log into your self serve account to see if the status is displaying as "active"

Your sister may wish to check the phone number she is dialling - it sometimes help to add a 1 before the 10-digit number being called.

In either circumstance, sometimes rebooting the phone and/or resetting your network connections in your phones connections settings helps with these kinds of issues.

TheGx

@Rosebella :Try log in to your self serve account to confirm everything ok there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rosebella   What is showing on the cell screen?  any error?  how many network bars it is showing?   did you try rebooting the phone?  Which plan did you sign up for??

For long distance calling for your sister, did she try putting in 1 in front of the phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.