cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

johnsk5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently updated my plan to the $15 one and it is set to change next billing cycle (October 16th I believe). Since making the update I lost service and I think it is related. How do I get my service back. When I check my account it still shows I have the $30 plan. Currently getting an error "no service".

14 REPLIES 14

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If there’s something wrong with the SIM card or your phone’s settings, which might be the case, it’s better to visit a physical location near you, like in a mall, so that they can check it for you. That’s what I would do.

oglat

@LovesToPM @johnsk5 

There is no need to get replacement sim, moderators will be able to revert it back to the original sim card.

It's important that the phone is reported lost/stolen until then

Your password must charge too it they will be able to cancel your suspention.

Your security questions must change as they can easily be read in your selfserve

@johnsk5 wrote:

the sim number is indeed different from what is found in my phone.

@johnsk5  You're saying the last 4 digits of the SIM number on your account don't match the same digits on your actual SIM card?

Then someone else is using your phone service. Please go on your account and declare your phone as lost/stolen to suspend service. Then change your password. Also check the text/call log on your account to see what the other person has been doing, they may even get access to your other accounts via 2FA.

You'll need to get a replacement SIM card, and change your account to the new SIM to restore your service.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@oglat wrote:

If there were charges to the account you typically need to restart your cell.

If that is bit working you may need help from mods https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also every time you downgrade you are at risk of autopay not executing properly. My advice is once you resolve this issue you should pay manually the amount for the previous plan so that you avoid common autopay problem. You will still get all the rewards and the excess money will stay on your account for future payments.

@oglat See the OP's reply immediately above yours. He has bigger issues than this.

oglat

I missed your last post

That is attempt of account theft

Contact modes asap

They will be able to revert the change

You must

Charge your password and security question

You must report your phone lost until mods resolve this

You must charge your name on file if they try to port your number.

Check your banking situation too

oglat

If there were charges to the account you typically need to restart your cell.

If that is bit working you may need help from mods https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also every time you downgrade you are at risk of autopay not executing properly. My advice is once you resolve this issue you should pay manually the amount for the previous plan so that you avoid common autopay problem. You will still get all the rewards and the excess money will stay on your account for future payments.

johnsk5

the sim number is indeed different from what is found in my phone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @johnsk5 

Based on the info that you've provided so far, your account looks fine.

As mentioned by others, do try restarting your phone.

Here are a few more things you can try:

1. Test your SIM card on another phone. This can tell you if it's a hardware issue or if there is a problem with the SIM/phone service.

2. Call 611 and listen to the message. What is your account status?

3. Check to see if your phone has been blacklisted.

@johnsk5 That is a normal thing to see. You don't owe any money.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@johnsk5 did you register with pm before April? 

login to your self serve account and click on "change sim" make sure the last 4 digits match the sim card in your phone. if it doesn't match then someone is commiting fraud.

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue" or "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

johnsk5

showing:

Available Funds: $0.00
Payment Due Before: Oct 16, 2020
Payment for Next Cycle: $30.00
Amount Owing: $30.00

@johnsk5 Why would you think you owe money if you just paid for 30 days? If you owe money your account status in self serve will say Suspended. Otherwise it says Active. What does yours say?

johnsk5

I think my account is the issue. It thinks I owe money I believe. I just paid on September 16th and should be good until October 16th which is when my new plan is supposed to take over.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It should not affect your service at all now, it is most likely a coincidence

Can you restart your phone, maybe keep it off couple of minutes

Is your status active? Did you suspend the service for some reason? Does your sim number match the last 4 digits of sim number in your account? Are you on airplane mode by accident

Need Help? Let's chat.