cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service suddenly

Mommabear1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I’ve had public mobile for 3 weeks now and haven’t had any trouble. Last night my phone suddenly had no service. The only things that work now are the apps that use wifi. Even my texts aren’t going through. Not sure what to do now. 

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous maybe we will hear back in 2022? 

Yeah I'll set my calendar to say Jan 20 2022. She made another thread back then frustrated with getting into self-serve. One post. Gone. It's a funny thing coming in looking for help only to disappear without a word. Amazing how often it happens.

@Anonymous maybe we will hear back in 2022? 

Morpheus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At the top of the phone screen, did you see "Public Mobile" or "No service"?

@Mommabear1 contact the moderators as suggested by @JoyLuck . You can Try a couple of things while you wait..

1. Do a network reset.  Restart your phone. 
  2. Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
  3. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 20200504_182846.jpgStay safe.  

@Mommabear1 wrote:

Nothing has worked. I need to be able to to access my bank app and others while I'm not home. Been losing more income and I need this to be fixed 

Last time we heard anything from you was 2 years ago. Are you saying your phone hasn't worked in all that time ? Please be a bit more succinct in your request for info.

If the phone hasn't worked in 2 years...you're  going to need a new sim card and start a new account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mommabear1 wrote:

Nothing has worked. I need to be able to to access my bank app and others while I'm not home. Been losing more income and I need this to be fixed 

You resurrected your own thread. Are you saying your services haven't worked since Aug 2018?

What all have you tried recently?

What happens when you dial 611?

If it works then does it ask for money right away?

Can you log in to your self-serve?

If so, what is the status?

@Mommabear1 wrote:

Contact a moderator at the link below;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Mommabear1

Scotty2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Mommabear1 - Let me know if the suggestions here don't work for you and I will help you troubleshoot the issue to get you up and running again.

Thanks!

Mommabear1

I signed up on July 21st 

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Turn the phone off,  pull the sim card, and reinsert it.  power up.  See what happens.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Loginto self serve and see what your profile page says. Did you sign up for auto pay?

What was the exact date you signed up? 21 days ago or maybe 31?   

To get service running again you try doing an immedeate plan change then wait for mods to help  sort things out.  Not sure their reply time.  

But again first check self serve and report back

Need Help? Let's chat.